Board Question 48464

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

crmeatball

Board Question 48464

Post by crmeatball »

I know this is really pointless, considering California is not going to "fall into the ocean," but I need to make a correction to Giovanni's statement. The San Andreas fault does run through California, but right along the coast. Only a very small portion of California is on the Pacific Plate. In fact, just south of San Francisco, the fault primarily is off shore all the way north. So the vast majority of California is actually on the North American Plate. Sorry for the rant - I know this is really pointless.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised that got through, and without any clarification from a writer.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

True story: I saw a show once on the Learning Chanel about 10 years ago where some guy had had a vision of a huge earthquake that was going to destroy most of the United States, and he had drawn a map of what parts of the country were going to be underwater. All of California was underwater, and so was most of Utah, except for a little island with Salt Lake and Provo on it. But I think the earthquake was supposed to have happened by now, though. :)
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

NerdGirl wrote:True story: I saw a show once on the Learning Chanel about 10 years ago where some guy had had a vision of a huge earthquake that was going to destroy most of the United States, and he had drawn a map of what parts of the country were going to be underwater. All of California was underwater, and so was most of Utah, except for a little island with Salt Lake and Provo on it. But I think the earthquake was supposed to have happened by now, though. :)
Maybe he saw a vision of the past of Lake Bonneville?
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

In my head, I knew that as I was typing. I just didn't clarify my thoughts. As I was reading through it, I even thought "it feels like something is missing". Sorry about that, friends!