"in other words, don't be a girl?"

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Darth Fedora

"in other words, don't be a girl?"

Post by Darth Fedora »

Wow...
I'm embarassed that someone thinks that "whininess, neediness, moodiness, pickiness, and refusing to do something fun because it will mess up one's hair or shoes" are inherent feminine qualities. Seriously, PMS is no excuse.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Well, there goes all my female misconceptions...

Does that mean the female really isn't in charge of everything?
A Mom, but not yours

Post by A Mom, but not yours »

No. We're still in charge of everything.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who thought that comment was written by a bitter male.

Re: "in other words, don't be a girl?"

Post by 361 »

Darth Fedora wrote:whininess, neediness, moodiness, pickiness, and refusing to do something fun because it will mess up one's hair or shoes
I know some guys like that...
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

A Mom, but not yours wrote: Please tell me that I'm not the only one who thought that comment was written by a bitter male.
I guess I'm not as optimistic as you are...
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Assuming Sea Urchin was serious in her question, I would add that the best thing I ever did for my marriage was figure out how to recognize when my mood was due to hormonal imbalance and tell that to my husband outright. Communication is really a wonderful thing. All I have to do is tell him that "sorry, I am out of whack right now and can't handle this", and he knows not to push me on things, and everything else he needs to do to keep me as balanced as possible. (Like feed me- as a nursing mom, I lose it when I haven't had food for half a day.) So if she can keep her moods to herself for a while like Supershrink suggested, and gain that level of trust where you can be upfront about things, then it really isn't a problem.

And, as others mentioned, guys have hormonal imbalances too. Or days when they are just annoyed and moody. So once you learn to be upfront about such things, it really works both ways.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Question number?