#48677 - Church Handbook

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Portia

#48677 - Church Handbook

Post by Portia »

To offer another perspective, whenever I quoted from the CHI as a writer, I was using a source like this one.

Post by 361 »

wikileaks...

Filled with bunches of "classified" data no one cares about...

LOL
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

There exist chapter by chapter editions of the Handbook, so that bishops can hand out pertinent chapters to those who have callings in positions that a particular chapter applies to. However, in practice, I've always had to ask the bishop about this before he thought to give it to me.

As a missionary, I had access to the handbook as a result of serving in a branch presidency ... I studied it quite diligently at the time, so I find myself referring to it quite often, saying things like: "In the Church Handbook it says ..." when in actuality, what I mean is, "If I remember correctly, I once read in the Church Handbook that ..."
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Re: #48677 - Church Handbook

Post by Laser Jock »

Portia wrote:To offer another perspective, whenever I quoted from the CHI as a writer, I was using a source like this one.
That makes sense; the tricky part there is that although the Handbook stays relatively constant, it's possible things could have changed in the ten years since that version was published...and it would be impossible to say that any given part was still the official stance without the current version to compare it to. (There could be arguments about ethics, too, but I don't really feel like getting into that.)