50176--Deathly Hallows

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Giovanni Schwartz

50176--Deathly Hallows

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

FWIW, I think that Rowling said that she killed off Lupin and Tonks because she wanted to mirror Harry's life or something. I thought it was really lame, and very forced, but that's what she said, and that's what I think.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

personally I found the whole seventh book to be pandering to the fans. Every single theory my sister ever found or came up with came true. I thought that was lame.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

However, it was not nearly pandering to the fans as much as Breaking Dawn was. DH still has plenty of merit. BD was inexcusable.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

About wands and ownership, wasn't it only the Elder Wand that transferred ownership when their possessor/master was defeated? All the other wands sort of choose their owner didn't they, a best fit/best match sort of thing?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Neologism

Post by Neologism »

Thats what I thought, too, N-SARRM. So really, Harry using expelliarmus in the previous books was not contrary to the application of the rule for the Elder wand.[/quote]
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Neologism wrote:Thats what I thought, too, N-SARRM. So really, Harry using expelliarmus in the previous books was not contrary to the application of the rule for the Elder wand.
You forgot the last M.

(Kidding)
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Identity Crysis

Post by Identity Crysis »

Lupin and Tonks DIE!?

Thanks for spoiling the book!

Next you'll be telling me that Snape kills Dumbledore... Ha as if _that_ would ever happen...
Neologism

Post by Neologism »

Haha, sorry, Nanti-SARRM[b]M[/b]