Credit Cards

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

May the Schwartz be with you!

(bet you NEVER heard THAT one before!!!)
I heard it a lot last week. We went to my hometown, and there is a Schwartz road. Every time we drove past or on that road, my husband started laughing. We had to explain to my mother why he thought it was AWESOME that we had a road named Schwartz.[/quote]
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

NOT APPROPRIATE
orb360

Post by orb360 »

bismark wrote:NOT APPROPRIATE
You're just no fun at all are you?

and this coming from the person who purposefully mis-interpreted bob's "ah..."

seriously...
Everything below the line of coherence may be safely ignored.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

orb360 wrote:

seriously...
I would go with that he was saying that it was not appropriately funny enough.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
orb360 wrote:

seriously...
I would go with that he was saying that it was not appropriately funny enough.
Oh, well in that case...

Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Wow... Wow... You don't even get a "That's all I have to say."
orb360

Post by orb360 »

you laughed... admit it...
Giovanni Schwartz

No... I honestly did not laugh. However, this made me laugh:
Gio's real life friend's blog post wrote:I think I might be losing my grip.
Last night, I dreamed that Senator John McCain was campaigning at my house, singing and dancing around to "Snow Miser" from "The Year Without a Santa Claus". Except John McCain changed the words to "Pork Miser" (in reference to his thoughts on pork barrel spending) and instead of singing about how cold he was, he sang about how old he was. He looked utterly foolish as he pranced around in front of voters and I distinctly remember thinking "How low will this man stoop to get votes?" When I woke up in the morning,pondering the dream with closed eyes, I also was surprised at how my mind came up with rhyming lyrics that fit the music and McCain's policy. . .in my sleep.
Yeah, I definitely must be insane.
These doubts in my own sanity increased when I opened my eyes to find white-masked face inches from my own! Needless, to say I reacted on impulse - I squealed and shoved the mask away, only to discovered from the loud "OW! Aubreeee, I was just teasing!" That my ten-year-old brother was attempting to wake me with a "Why so serious?" and the closest thing he could get to a Joker mask - a white face mask from Walmart.
Ok, so I'm not insane. My little brother is.
I lol'ed out loud.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

isn't the 'out loud' what the ol stands for in lol?

:P
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

orb360 wrote:isn't the 'out loud' what the ol stands for in lol?

No, me means he laughed out loud, out loud, so his laughter was especially loud and prolonged

Also, it could be how in the Book of Mormon how they say straight and narrow. They both mean the same thing, but are repeated to show how narrow the path really is. So it is like that, he's just saying his laughter was especially hearty and loud and decided to not write rofl or anything else.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:

No, me means he laughed out loud, out loud, so his laughter was especially loud and prolonged

Also, it could be how in the Book of Mormon how they say straight and narrow. They both mean the same thing, but are repeated to show how narrow the path really is. So it is like that, he's just saying his laughter was especially hearty and loud and decided to not write rofl or anything else.
straight is not the same as narrow...

straight means it does not twist or turn

narrow means the width is very small

I think it would be more like the repeated woe's in Hebrew. When you repeat something in Hebrew it adds emphasis... So if you get 3 woes... then you're really in some deep ____ (Please feel free to fill the blank with whatever descriptive term you like)
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Precisely, Giovanni was adding emphasis to his laughter.
Giovanni Schwartz

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:

I think that Sam meant strait, as opposed to straight.

And also, apparently that's a quote from House or some such show (not that I've ever seen it, but she told me about it.) I lol'ed out loud.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

I love House, but I missed the reference O_o