Vorpal's reveal

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

bismark wrote:62 years and he still hasn't figured out i am always right? i call BS.
Sorry, Old Man, no one is always right. Not even me. Or, as my high school physics teacher used to say, in the days before political correctness, "There has only been one perfect man, and they crucified Him."

I will say that you aren't always wrong.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Lol! Good call Vorpal! :D
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

ok, guys, if we are all coming out and all, i'm actually a middle aged japanese woman. douzo yoroshiku.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

While I am just a figment of your collective imaginations.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

oh, gosh. You guys are making my head spin. bismark, as entertaining as you are, having informally met you, I'm pretty darn certain that you're not a middle-aged Japanese woman. And SWKT and vorpal, who may or may not be the same person, I was not trying to indicate that a man in his 60's frequenting the board board was creepy. Mostly it surprises me because such a big age difference generally corresponds to a rather large maturity difference, and this board does get rather silly sometimes. Of course, if Vorpal and SWKT are one and the same, that might explain the disparaging remarks . . .
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Wisteria wrote:bismark, as entertaining as you are, having informally met you, I'm pretty darn certain that you're not a middle-aged Japanese woman.
It is actually a very elaborate disguise, and the real reason why he talks about dating Asians is that s/he just wants to get in touch with werf's roots again.
and this board does get rather silly sometimes.
Are you congratulating me for that?
Of course, if Vorpal and SWKT are one and the same, that might explain the disparaging remarks . . .
Based on that logic, SWKT isn't just one person, but a collection of many sarcastic minds working together to disparage ourselves and sometimes others. Congratulations Wisteria, you finally stumbled upon the truth.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Wisteria wrote:Mostly it surprises me because such a big age difference generally corresponds to a rather large maturity difference, and this board does get rather silly sometimes.
I guess I can be pretty silly sometimes. :oops:
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Portia wrote:
Werf_Must wrote:Woah 0_o now if I could pull something like that off, I would love it!

However, I bet it is harder to date because A) You intimidate guys when you say you're a lawyer B) they employ all the lawyer stereotypes and C) some guys are probably intimidated by a girl who has had more schooling than they have...
My theory is to give those guys a figurative slap upside the head. SRSLY--especially if you're put back two years in your education because of a mission, how could a well-educated woman be a turn-off?
In my opinion, most times when a girl thinks that her greater education is a turn-off, that is not the real problem. Sometimes it is. I've known men who feel inferior to anyone, male or female, when they didn't go to college and felt like they should have. Anyone with a college degree makes them feel like they are being put down. They take offense at the slightest provocation. They attempt to put down others with college degrees. I had a companion (who had no college education at all) whose last companion had been a college graduate. My companion told me that his former companion "Came running out of the bathroom one day crying, 'The toilet is overflowing! What do I do?' Hmmph! And he had a college degree!" Later, when I talked to the former companion about it he dryly told me, "I guess I missed the class in plumbing."

I think the real problem for both men and women is usually not that others are more learned, it is that when some people are learned they think they are wise, and they are puffed up in the pride of their hearts. Few things are more of a turn-off for a man than a woman who ridicules a man because he doesn't come up to her standards of education. She may not even be aware of her mostly non-verbal communication which puts men down. Or she thinks she is just being clever in her displays of knowledge designed to put the man at a disadvantage.

A well-educated woman, one who is kind and thoughtful, who tries to make others feel comfortable and secure, doesn't need to hide her intelligence or her education. She just can't use her superior education to seek to dominate or dismiss men, and expect to be loved in return.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

vorpal blade wrote:
SWKT Parachuter wrote:Werfywaffles,
I believe what Wisteria is saying is that old guys creeping around a college forum is creepy. High school kiddies thinking college is awesome is to be expected.
Sorry, SWKT Parachuter, that I had to spill the beans that you and I are the same person. But, for our apology to be sincere I think that everyone should know. We really shouldn't have used the unfriendly phrase "old guys creeping around a college forum is creepy."

I should now like to invoke the Nanti-SARRMM insanity disclaimer.
Tangerine wrote:Everyone is an alter-alias of me. You all know it's true.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

Wow. That's all I can say.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Werf, as another alter-ego of Tangerine, I also agree that that was awesome. Except, shouldn't the whole board be shut down for a year and a half?
And Vorpal, interesting thoughts on education and attraction. I think that it is definitely the mark of an insecure person if an individual feels the need to constantly bring up their superior knowledge and abilities. Also, interestingly, I occasionally need to fight down a desire to "flaunt" my education (whether or not it's worth flaunting is another story), and that's a red flag to myself that I need a little self-reassessment and fine tuning. If I need to hold up all my knowledge as a security blanket, I'm clearly not building on the right foundation.

Post by 361 »

Well I obviously surpass all of you with my IQ of 190, MESNA membership, and 1600 SAT scores!
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Thank you Wisteria. I hadn't really thought of it in terms of insecurity, but I think you have an excellent point.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

361 wrote:Well I obviously surpass all of you with my IQ of 190, MESNA membership, and 1600 SAT scores!
Obviously you surpass me. But I'm not so sure about surpassing some of my children. Only... isn't MESNA a drug? I don't wish to be rude and assume you are making a joke....
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I believes he means Mensa instead of Mesna...
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.

Post by 361 »

Sorry... I was making a joke...

(I misspelled Mensa on purpose lol)
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

361 wrote:Sorry... I was making a joke...

(I misspelled Mensa on purpose lol)
I thought so! I did laugh, quietly, so as not to disturb anyone.
Portia

Post by Portia »

While we're airing our innermost selves . . . I'm actually a closet U fan. I am applying to grad school at both the U and BYU, but BYU is definitely a backup. I even wore my U of U wristband on rivalry day.

Also . . . I'm actually Feist. That's right--I'm Canadian.
Portia

Post by Portia »

vorpal blade wrote:It is sorta fun to be anonymous, however. I don’t really want you to find out who I am.
Your first and last name are actually remarkably easy to find out, sir. Might want to look into that . . . (email address visible to all cough cough)
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Portia wrote:
vorpal blade wrote:It is sorta fun to be anonymous, however. I don’t really want you to find out who I am.
Your first and last name are actually remarkably easy to find out, sir. Might want to look into that . . . (email address visible to all cough cough)
I didn't know my email address was visible to all. However, I took the precaution when I signed up to use a fake name in my email address.