Random Thread V

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

I think I'm crazy. And I might not get much sleep tonight. Hmm, I think I'll blame Sam.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Today we set some family goals, and my father suggested that one of them should be to get me married. I was not amused.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Today we set some family goals, and my father suggested that one of them should be to get me married. I was not amused.
Shall I start setting you up with some friends of mine then? I know a couple dudes who are English majors and what-not...
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Today we set some family goals, and my father suggested that one of them should be to get me married. I was not amused.
Forget that... Hey bob...

Just kidding. I still have a mission to go on. But one of my friends had an RM super stalker.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I'm sorry. At least the encouragement from my family is from little sisters. Although there is this guy that appearantly my mom and his mom have discussed our marriage, but neither is actually pushing for the wedding, he doesn't leave for his mission until February. And we have never actually dated. But it was kinda weird to find out that my mom was disscussing me marrying someone with his mom.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Oh, man, UoE... one of my friends is on his mission right now, and his mom and my mom are best friends, and the running joke in both families is that I'm going to marry him. I can only imagine what our mothers say about us...
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Yay for grants and cheap textbooks!!!!!
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

Yay for not buying textbooks yet!
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Sometimes I wish I could get grants, but unfortunately, my parents make too much money.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

Grants are good to have. As are job interviews. I love my job, but I'm looking for something else for the summer, when my job dies down.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I don't get any grants this year... sadness.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

I should probably get a new job, at least until the Bookstore can hire me back. Though if I'm not stupid I will certainly have enough to get me through the semester.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

my goal this summer is to find a job that will provide room and board. And I have an interview with one of them already. It's not until the 14th, so I'm hoping all goes well between now and then. And I get the job. My current job should be fine through the semester though.
Giovanni Schwartz

Fredjikrang wrote:Sometimes I wish I could get grants, but unfortunately, my parents make too much money.
You and me both...
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:
Fredjikrang wrote:Sometimes I wish I could get grants, but unfortunately, my parents make too much money.
You and me both...
What are you complaining about? You are getting offered money to attend some schools.
habiba

Post by habiba »

FYI, once you're over 22 you can apply for federal aid grants without reporting your parents income. So...for this next year if you were born in 1985 or earlier you only have to report your personal income on FAFSA.
allahu akbar
Giovanni Schwartz

habiba wrote:FYI, once you're over 22 you can apply for federal aid grants without reporting your parents income. So...for this next year if you were born in 1985 or earlier you only have to report your personal income on FAFSA.
That doesn't help me either.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

habiba wrote:FYI, once you're over 22 you can apply for federal aid grants without reporting your parents income. So...for this next year if you were born in 1985 or earlier you only have to report your personal income on FAFSA.
Yeah, I have to wait another 11 months for that. Oh well. Working 2 jobs won't be too bad I suppose.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:
That doesn't help me either.
Again, why are you complaining?
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I think it's actually 23. Or at least it was when I started applying for grants. But if you get married it doesn't matter any more how old you are, you don't have to report on your parents.