Total votes: 21

bismark
Old Man

How do you read the board.

Post by bismark »

just curious.
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Is there a way to get the RSS feed with the answers as well as the question? The RSS feed isn't very useful to me if I can't read the witty responses.
- Benvolio
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

not that i know of. yellow?

i almost prefer it without the answers. i can skim through the questions and just find the one that look interesting. saves me time. i suppose i might miss out on a few gems here and there, but i have never claimed to be much of a boardie anyway.
kerouac jr

Post by kerouac jr »

as far as I can tell, you can choose what sort of RSS feed- a summary versus full article. Most sites that post 20-30 times a day do a title and small blurb (e.g. The Consumerist) whereas those that post just a few times a day can post the full article.

so, whoever deals with the board's rss feed should be able to choose the option, but it seems like it'd be a good idea to have the shorter version. you can scroll past all the ones you don't want to read (for me, the relationship and big moral ones) and find the ones you like.
bad grammar makes me [sic]
Yellow

Post by Yellow »

I believe our current system only displays the questions on the RSS feed. In the next version of the Board, this may change. We'll see.
mabel

Post by mabel »

i do just use the website, and i sort of just skim looking for things that stand out...i'll peruse the questions, but also the questioner, and the answers/answerers ...if there's a question submitted by someone i know i'm much more likely to pay attention, or an answer writeen by a person of interest, or one that seems especially funny or witty, then i'm more likely to read it, even if the topic itself doesn't really interest me. sometimes though i feel like there aren't very many good questions and i ought to try harder to think of something that would be entertaining...