new blog to watch

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
TheAnswerIs42

new blog to watch

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

I don't know how many of you have seen this before, but I know a bunch of you are internet addicts like me, so I thought I would share. I found http://overheardintheward.com/ today, and I think it is hilarious. Some posts are better than others, but some had me rolling.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Neologism

Post by Neologism »

That is funny. Its about time someone made one like that. I always love watching the kids at my family ward on those Primary Sacrament Meetings when they sing and all that jazz.
I also think Seriously So Blessed and Why Mormon Girls Stay Single are pretty funny, too. esp. the post the other day on Why Mormon Girls Stay Single:
Sometimes Mormon girls don't get asked out because they have horrible names. One would think that with all the time parents have to pick a name (approximately 9 months - for those of you who were wondering), they would pick good ones. Yet there are a staggering number of girls, especially in the Mormon community, whose names suggest that their parents were either illiterate or had some problems with the Word of Wisdom.
Man, that one kept me laughing for a long time. How true it is.
or so this werf thinks...
Neologism

Post by Neologism »

Aahhh...sory, Sam, I just read your title bar response, obviously you read that quote already...
Neologism

Post by Neologism »

I also just noticed that I spelled "sorry" wrong, embarrassing...
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Neologism wrote:Aahhh...sory, Sam, I just read your title bar response, obviously you read that quote already...
No problem, it fits very well into the topic. I occasionally comment on that blog too, the one about why Mormon girls are single from time to time.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

This one's mildly amusing.

I tried Seriously, So Blessed a time or two, but it wasn't all that interesting to me. Just like how I never really got into Dr. Horrible.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:This one's mildly amusing.

I tried Seriously, So Blessed a time or two, but it wasn't all that interesting to me. Just like how I never really got into Dr. Horrible.
I want to share a secret: I can't stand the WMGSS blog.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

krebscout wrote: I want to share a secret: I can't stand the WMGSS blog.
I don't think I like it that much either... most of the time it starts off with a possibly funny topic but all the blips on the jerk-dar totally ruin it for me.
Neologism

Post by Neologism »

Really? I think it can be kind of hilarious...although I don't go to BYU yet...
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

Whistler wrote:
krebscout wrote: I want to share a secret: I can't stand the WMGSS blog.
I don't think I like it that much either... most of the time it starts off with a possibly funny topic but all the blips on the jerk-dar totally ruin it for me.

Some of it is hilarious... and the rest makes me think that they are forgetting a major reason WMGSS, that SOME of the guys are immature stuck up jerks... (at least it seems that way from some of the writings)
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Well, I do find a good dose of sarcasm funny in its time. But it has to be clever.

It's the flip flop post that got me. I like what a flip flop represents in a person - I wish girls were more laid back and less focused on, say, shoes. It just surprised me that a bunch of guys would have a catty conversation about fashion. And not even a witty one.