perils of online shopping

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Portia

perils of online shopping

Post by Portia »

As much as I enjoy the convenience of having stuff delivered to my door, sometimes online shopping can be hazardous. Imagine my embarrassment when the guitar stand I'd been awaiting turned out to be a "Guitar Stand for Guitar Hero & Rock Band guitars"! :oops: (Maybe the fact that I was ordering it from a computer site should have raised an eyebrow?)

Guess I'll just have to get one of those games for the Wii. Twist my arm. : P

Anyone else ordered something they certainly did not intend to buy?
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

I accidentally bought the "featured reader" instead of the actual textbook for my Psychology 101 class. I thought I had gotten pretty awesome deal! But then not only was I down that $25 but I ended up buying the Psychology book from the bookstore because I was short on time and the professor had begun assigning reading. Your mix up sounds like more interesting!
Quiet Lamb

Post by Quiet Lamb »

I did the same exact thing Werf_Must! I believe it was for my psychology book too! That was quite annoying.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I sorta did...

I bought a text book for a computer course online, but days later I got a message saying it was out of stock and that my money would be refunded. So I ended up buying the previous edition of the book from the bookstore, but then I got the current edition book I ordered online in the mail. I also wasn't charged for it either and when I contacted the online vendor about it, they said they'd send me a shipping package in the mail to send it back but they never did.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.