Random Thread V

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

As I continue to get older, I always think that eventually people will stop acting like this is junior high. And they just never do. Just thought I would share that with all of you.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

NerdGirl wrote:As I continue to get older, I always think that eventually people will stop acting like this is junior high. And they just never do. Just thought I would share that with all of you.
What do you think International Politics are? It's just Junior High drama with nuclear weapons and economic sanctions. So you're right, people never do stop acting like it is Junior High.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Hoorah, I'm done with 2008.

I'm actually a fairly new reader* so to gain knowledge and have something to do I've been reading the archives. Backwards. I was just Confused by all the pseudonyms I didn't recognize when I tried to start at the other end, and I've enjoyed doing it this way. Even though people think I'm Crazy. Anyway, yep, I finished 2008 early yesterday and have just been taking a breather before diving right in with December 31, 2007!

Just thought I'd share that milestone with you. It's, after all, some fairly random Chatter.

Love,
Candied Crescents
who is very glad to be done with Chemo**

*I know this is a very shocking realization for all of you here on the Message Board, especially considering my large number of opinionated posts on all topics.
**Blame every really stupid thing I've said, including silly questions, on this unfortunate but handy C-word.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

Congrats! That's awesome!

I never actually think about when people start reading the board, especially when they can start frequenting the message board any time after that. I think you're simply Captivating.

I'm sorry about the chemo. Even though I've never been through it myself, I've had several family members go through it. It's not fun.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Puppy!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Again, I say that people should come to the Provo Farmers Market on Saturday. It'll be my last Saturday, as I'm leaving Utah early Tuesday morning. Come and pet our kittens and buy stuff and say hi and donate to our Coins for Kittens fund!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Gio HRGLM wins the Random chatter award!! Hee, did you get a puppy? Or save one from the clutches of a Crocodile?

And thanks, uh, yellow m&m. I want to call you Nem, for some reason.

I'm off to Utah Valley today for my 3-wedding weekend/graduation-that-I'm-not-attending!

Maybe I'll ... shoot, no Farmer's Market for me. Always wanted to go. Good luck!

Now term's pretty much over, anyone doing anything fun?
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I'm see if complex vectors are satisfied. Not admittedly fun though... Unless you see if pizza satisfies them.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

I just finished taking a class in tactical missile design. The final activity was to design and build (out of a soda straw, an ear plug, and paper) a missile to go the greatest distance. My missile won. It felt good to beat those aeronautical engineers.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

I have been swimming. That's fun.

And making lots and lots of bracelets to sell.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Giovanni Schwartz

C is for wrote:Gio HRGLM wins the Random chatter award!! Hee, did you get a puppy? Or save one from the clutches of a Crocodile?
Yep. Bought meself a puppy. He's adorable and way chillaxed.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

C is for wrote:
And thanks, uh, yellow m&m. I want to call you Nem, for some reason.
You can totally call me Nem. I actually kind of like it, randomly enough.

I'm off to um, finish unpacking. Then start packing. Because I'm going to New York (not the City, upstate) on Tuesday! Yay!
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Please don't get murdered in my bed!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

I had never been this far east.

I had never been somewhere that is naturally really humid.

I had never been in a taxi.

I had never had a hotel room all to myself.

I had never traveled without my family.
Giovanni Schwartz

vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

August is not the best time to visit Florida, Bob.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

How about "mini-me," Gio?
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I had never been this far east.

You had never dealt with Hurricanes before either have you?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:I had never been this far east.

You had never dealt with Hurricanes before either have you?
No, no I hadn't.

On a related topic, I am soaking wet, and so is my duffel and backpack. Books, clothes, sheets, and so on are only damp.

Unfortunately, vp, this was the best time for me to come. Hopefully it will get better through September, October, November, and December.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Unfortunately, vp, this was the best time for me to come. Hopefully it will get better through September, October, November, and December.
It definitely will, though September and maybe October can be really wet as well.