Love the new picture, vorpal! :D
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

NerdGirl wrote:Love the new picture, vorpal! :D

Thanks! I posted it just for you. :D
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

i dislocated my knee on wednesday. i am trapped in my house until monday. i am going CRAZY.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Bummer, Imogen. In the meantime, have you watched Firefly before? I think you can watch all the episodes of it on Hulu. It's very fantastic.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Bummer, Imogen. In the meantime, have you watched Firefly before? I think you can watch all the episodes of it on Hulu. It's very fantastic.
child, i've been a firefly fan for the last 3 years. i have it on dvd. no need to use hulu. but i have been catching up on dollhouse.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Giovanni Schwartz

Oh good. I figured. I have it on DVD too, and am watching it again. I haven't seen Dollhouse; is it any good?
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

it starts a little slow, but once you get into the seaon more it REALLY picks up. the 6th episode was especially AMAZING. i think the concept is really cool, i just really love the show. i've spent most of day 2 trapped in my house watching project runway. and hopefully tomorrow (trapped in the house day 3) i can watch something else in marathon form.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Giovanni Schwartz

Hmm... Lord of the Rings? Harry Potter? Star Wars? Or TV shows... The Office? Seinfeld? Buffy the Vampire Slayer? (What do all these shows have in common? I've never seen any of them.)
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

actually i'm watching all "the west wing" i have saved up on my DVR until i go to mass at 4:30.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Giovanni Schwartz

Hmm... Good choice.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

For what it's worth, my vote is with Doctor Who. Except you can't get that on hulu, and not always youtube either...

Ah well.

Also, *grumbles* After years of misplacement, I finally found the DVD of the hit movie my boyfriend made freshman year! (Said my mom when she heard the general rejoicing: "I knew where it was the whole time." :roll: ) It's so awesome and short that we watched it three times today already. But I can't figure out how to get it onto my computer. I can't even play it on my computer! 'Tis my fondest wish to share it with others (it was so famous four years ago that Elder Burt got stopped on campus for his autograph) and I can't do it.

At least I didn't have to wait until my friend got back from her mission to see it (he made it on her computer). But I may have to do that in order to make any more copies or to post it online...

This post was supposed to be a link to "Called to Serve," which has very little to do with the movie they show at the MTC and more to do with getting called to the HBLL mission. But I'm not technically savvy enough. *sigh* Instead you get a nice long grumble. Woohoo.

Love,
Cecilia
...who is also trying to choose Institute classes
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I wonder if they invented cassette players before cassette tapes. Maybe simultaneously?
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

You've never seen Lord of the Rings, Gio?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Giovanni Schwartz

I was talking about the TV shows.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I've never seen Lord of the Rings.

Also, I have the best job EVER.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Have you read the Wheel of Time series, Bob? They're awesome. I just started reading them last week and I'm three books into it.
Thankfully I don't have the other books with me or I'd lose myself for two weeks wanting to read them.

But you should read them.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Cuddlefish

Post by Cuddlefish »

Heh, my husband and I are reading them aloud. It's taking forever.
Giovanni Schwartz

Isn't that the series with like 500 books in it?
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Give or take.

Be aware that you practically have to take notes to keep everything straight.
Cuddlefish

Post by Cuddlefish »

Oh, I know. I've read them before, and I'm catching so much stuff that I missed the first time around.