#53243 Getting married where you met your spouse

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

#53243 Getting married where you met your spouse

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=53243

I really enjoyed this one. Any readers want to add their locations?

I have yet to meet my husband, but I know where my parents met. Their wedding would take place in that parking lot where the BYU marching band practices. All the band would be in uniform with their instruments or flags. After the vows and whatever, they would launch into wedding music (whatever that is) and start doing a show... ah, it would be wonderful.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

I met my husband in the BYU Marching Band, but when we were out for the Bowl Game. We spent 4 months marching in circles around each other, and had many of the same friends, but . . . I met my husband at Graceland.

You know, I bet people have tried to have wedding receptions there. But they probably like Elvis, and I'm not sure I do.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

My parents would be married in an Abstract Algebra classroom. Well, I guess it would just be a regular classroom (presumably in the Talmage) but the decorations on the chalkboard would all be abstract algebra related, and the guests would have to maneuver between the desks placed in rows much too close together.

For true historical accuracy, they would be sitting in the same row, just a few seats apart (I guess the other members of the wedding party could fill in the other seats) with a pile of homework at the front (that's how my dad found out my mom's name, by elimination).

I am in total agreement that a BYU Marching Band wedding/reception would be spiffing.
OptimusPrime

Post by OptimusPrime »

I would be married in the empty field or whatever exists now where the KMB used to be. Sad.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Re: #53243 Getting married where you met your spouse

Post by Katya »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I really enjoyed this one.
Glad to hear it. :D
Portia

Post by Portia »

My parents would get married in a theater class in [Smallish-Town] Community College. And I can totally picture my dad breaking out into some interpretive "pretend you're a seagull . . . feel it!" and my mom being very self-conscious.

Post by 727 »

I would be married in the Morris Center. Woo!
Could you please walk back through the detectors again and empty out your backpack?
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

I met my wife at a wedding reception, held in a girl's apartment (as I recall), in Provo Utah.
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

I'd be married at the checkout of the Creamery on 9th. Bleh.
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
Portia

Post by Portia »

Oh, and to add myself . . . in front of the Jamba Juice in the WILK. Except we wouldn't be sure who the other person was! Lol.