NaNoWriMo 2009

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.

Are you going to participate? if so, will you be writing buddies with everyone?

YES! I CAN'T WAIT! OF COURSE WE CAN BE FRIENDS!
20%
Umm... Sure? I guess? And we can be friends if you want to. But no promises that I'll finish.
20%
No, I can't participate this year. ] = But I have an account and we can still be friends!
No votes
I'm praticipating, but you're all weirdos that I don't want stalking me IRL.
No votes
No. I refuse to participate. I refuse to let you be my friend. Even if I had an account I wouldn't tell you about it.
47%
Other (Please specify)
13%

Total votes: 15

Giovanni Schwartz

NaNoWriMo 2009

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

WELCOME BACK TO NANOWRIMO PART 2!!

Who's participating?

Here's a list of all who I know.
Giovanni Schwartz
bobtheenchantedone
Fredjikrang (Not playing this year, for he will be in the MTC. And he thinks that is more important than NaNoWriMo. As IF)
accounting chick, AKA Yellow M&M
Unit of Energy
NerdGirl
Werf_Must
C is for [Crazy Cool?]
Last edited by Giovanni Schwartz on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Convince me to do it.
Giovanni Schwartz

Do it! everyone is!
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Okay, I'm doing it. Be my friend!
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/523842
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

Don't do it!
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I wish I could do it, but I'll be in the MTC unfortunately, and doubt that I'll have time. ;)
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Being in the MTC is not unfortunate :).
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

chillygator wrote:Don't do it!
Why not?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

TheAnswerIs42 wrote:Being in the MTC is not unfortunate :).
In general, true. Though its effect on my NaNoWriMo production is somewhat. ;D I think the positives will outweigh that though.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/414013

And that is awesome Fredjikrang!
Giovanni Schwartz

Oh! Who wants to play a game! We can all like, I dunno, assign each other a word or something to be the theme of the novel that we write? Or something like that. We'll all brainstorm about how to play the game.

Maybe we could have everyone who wants to play say they are in, and then, after everyone is in, all the people that are playing could send me, or Fredjikrang since he won't be playing, a word in a PM, and he will distribute them to all of us? Of course, he has to agree to it...

Or mayhaps this is a terrible idea and no one wants to do it?
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Your arguments all did me in. I'll join.

(It's not like I have anything better to do.)

Here is my profile...I think. I would be pleased to be your writing buddies.

And as for the game, I'm not sure I want to have to give my entire novel a theme, but I do like the idea of distributing word prompts. Maybe for chapters or sections? And we can do it a couple times during the month? (That would necessarily exclude Fredji from the later iterations, but he could still do the first.) I work lots better when I have a prompt to work from.
Giovanni Schwartz

C is for wrote:Your arguments all did me in. I'll join.

(It's not like I have anything better to do.)

Here is my profile...I think. I would be pleased to be your writing buddies.

And as for the game, I'm not sure I want to have to give my entire novel a theme, but I do like the idea of distributing word prompts. Maybe for chapters or sections? And we can do it a couple times during the month? (That would necessarily exclude Fredji from the later iterations, but he could still do the first.) I work lots better when I have a prompt to work from.
Yeah. That's more along the lines I was thinking than the whole novel having one theme.
Giovanni Schwartz

So, C, it's apparently just me and you. I vote that we just send each other a private message each day with a word, phrase, or idea, that could possibly be incorporated into our novels. Beforehand, we'll tell each other what our novels are going to be about (like, mine is going to be about medieval guy who does blah blah blah so on and so forth), and then we'll give ideas that could be incorporated into the story. What say you?
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

sorry. I'm still in. Just been busy convincing people to let me change my major.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I'm in for the word prompt thing too!
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Yay! Good luck with your major change, Unit of Energy. Sometimes departments are, uh, silly.

My vote, ladies and gentleman, is for a prompt a week. Unless you all want to do it more often. (But that gives me a week after the first prompt to try and figure out what my novel's going to be about apart from "Cal has a list of all the short stories she never finished and is going to work on all of them in turn until she finds one she can run with.")
Giovanni Schwartz

Okay: New plan. Everyone will give me a number, 1 to 100, and a word. Let's say every Saturday? Because November starts on a Sunday, and then I'll have them done by Saturday night, and so everyone will have their word by the time they start Sunday morning. It would probably be best if you emailed them to me; my email address (or, at least, one of them) is on my profile.

The time limit will be by 8:00 PM on Saturday, after which I will distribute the words randomly, so the same person does not get the same other person's word every week. Make sure that with your word, you submit a number 1-100, so that my randomization will work! Umm.. Anything else?

Also, if you'd rather, you can request that I give you the word that may most work with your story, but only if I have a summary thereof to base my decision off of: In this case, I'll take the word out of the random drawing so no one else will get it.

With the way I've planned it out, if you don't feel like you need a word, you don't need to submit one for the week. Likewise, if you never opted in to our prompt list, you can still ask for a word, as long as you submit one. Ready? Setty? Goey!

Edit: One more thing: you don't have to wait until Saturday to submit! You can do it whenever you want.
Giovanni Schwartz

Alright kittens: (I decided that if I ever had a kitten, I would name it Kaboodle.) It's come that time. If you are in, then send me your email. Thank you to C is for for already sending hers in. Also, if, when you send your word you could send TWO numbers, 1 to 100, instead of one, it would be much appreciated. And, unless you want to confuse me, don't make them too close to each other.
Tao

Re: NaNoWriMo 2009

Post by Tao »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote: Who's participating?
I'm in.
He who knows others is clever;
He who knows himself has discernment.
He who overcomes others has force;
He who overcomes himself is strong. 33:1-4