The bots are getting smarter?!?

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Werf_Must

The bots are getting smarter?!?

Post by Werf_Must »

"What colour stands between yellow and blue in a rainbow?"

That was my verification question for my last post O_o I had to count it out on my fingers using the Roy G. Biv from middle school lol... They seriously need easier questions :o
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

How about the fourth planet from the sun? That's been my new favorite that I had to stop and think about.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Haha I always have to think about all of them... But now I just have the answers all memorized "How many rings are needed in a wedding?" Etc. etc.
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Haha I always have to think about all of them... But now I just have the answers all memorized "How many rings are needed in a wedding?" Etc. etc.
Yeah, this actually highlights the weakness of using this kind of test to keep bots out. If the person running a bot actually cares (e.g., if your site is valuable or there are enough sites all using the same CAPTCHA that collectively they're valuable), then the person will just train the bot to answer the limited number of questions that will be posed. There's always a finite number of questions you can ask, so it's always possible to get around a specific set of questions.

It's actually really hard to distinguish between a bot and a person.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I still haven't been asked more than one question by the bots, so I wouldn't know.
Damasta

Post by Damasta »

"What is the capital of France?" always throws me off. My first inclination, for some reason, is always Versailles.
I am Ellipsissy...