TCU football

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Portia

TCU football

Post by Portia »

So, I am more pro-MWC than a fan of any particular team, so I have to say that I am rooting for TCU to hold its own. Any predictions on how the rest of their seasons will go, given their opponents? What bowl games could they have a shot at? Will they win the MWC conference (guessing "yes" on that one)?

Jump, o hornèd frogs, jump! :P
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

I think Herbie said he thinks TCU could go to the National Championship. I think the Fiesta Bowl's the most likely for them, although it would be awesome to get a Mountain West team in the National Championship.
As a sidenote, I think their mascot looks exactly like Geodude.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Mr roommate thinks that there is a strong chance that TCU could go to nationals. He also thinks that BYU will beat Utah this year as they have a new quarterback and all, so BYU may be Mountain West Champions.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:Mr roommate thinks that there is a strong chance that TCU could go to nationals. He also thinks that BYU will beat Utah this year as they have a new quarterback and all, so BYU may be Mountain West Champions.
Wait, the BYU-Utah game isn't the MWC Championship game. (I don't think . . . ?) Isn't it pretty clear that TCU would win that? Are they not in our conference, like I thought?
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Portia wrote: Wait, the BYU-Utah game isn't the MWC Championship game. (I don't think . . . ?) Isn't it pretty clear that TCU would win that? Are they not in our conference, like I thought?
I think he is assuming that that if TCU goes to a BCS bowl game, then they won't be able to be MWC Champions. I have no clue myself.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Portia wrote: Wait, the BYU-Utah game isn't the MWC Championship game. (I don't think . . . ?) Isn't it pretty clear that TCU would win that? Are they not in our conference, like I thought?
I think he is assuming that that if TCU goes to a BCS bowl game, then they won't be able to be MWC Champions. I have no clue myself.
That's not quite how that works. At this point, unless something drastic happens, TCU are going to be the conference champs, they're going to a BCS bowl, and Utah and BYU will go to the Las Vegas and San Diego bowls (not necessarily in that order).