WHATABURGER!!!!!

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Imogen
Picky Interloper

WHATABURGER!!!!!

Post by Imogen »

imagine my surprise seeing THAT on the board today!!!! i live in their hometown (corpus christi) and i loooooooooooove their food. the ketchup is primo. it's different from other ketchups. you must all come to texas and try it.

question of the day: does that mean madelyn is from texas too??
beautiful, dirty, rich
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Nope.

Blue Water, NM

Next time I'm in the South where they may have Whataburger I'll petition a stop. I love hamburgers.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I'm kind of surprised that madelyn hasn't discovered the message board yet. I think she would like it here. (madelyn, if you're reading this, come talk to us!)
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

they're not as good out of texas. actually, the best ones are in corpus because corporate headquarters was here. but it moved to san antonio, so i'm expecting a decrease in quality. it seems the farther you are from headquarters, the worse you are.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Damasta

Post by Damasta »

Sad to say that I haven't tried Whataburger. And I was even in Port Aransas over Christmas break for some birdwatching and kayaking!

On a related note, what's the big deal about Five Guys and In-N-Out? Everyone seems to be raving about them. So I tried Five Guys. It was like just about any other burger I've ever had, except greasier. Like dripping grease. The only other time that's happened to me was at the Scoreboard Grill in the BYU Cougareat. And if you want free peanuts, go to Texas Roadhouse where the burgers are much better. I haven't been to In-N-Out, yet (because whenever I drive past the one on University there's a line of 10-20 cars), but it looks like the same idea. So are their burgers really all that and I just had a freak experience? Or is it just hype and herd behavior?
OptimusPrime

Post by OptimusPrime »

I hadn't heard of Whataburger until I moved to Houston, but it's now one of my favorite fast food joints if you just want a hamburger.

I must rant a little about In-N-Out. As a native east coaster I went there for the first time on a college road trip to California and was very much unimpressed. I later married a Californian, but luckily for me she shares my sentiments. I've since been back a couple times and my opinion hasn't changed. They're pretty good, but not wear-a-t-shirt good. It sounds like they finally built one in Provo/Orem? At least it will stop the moaning from the west-coast fanboys/girls.
Anomalous

Post by Anomalous »

As a native Californian, I can honestly say that I love In-N-Out more because of the memories and sense of home than because of the quality...granted, there was one in Sacramento that had the best burgers I have ever tasted, so that might affect my opinion. As for Five Guys, well, their burgers are pure deliciousness (at least the one I went to).
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

we got a 5 guys in my town last summer... I guess I ought to go try it!
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

Culvers FTW. Can't beat a double bacon deluxe butter burger.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

That new In-N-Out in Orem - I pass by it often (so many trips to the craft store!) and it always has over a dozen cars in the drive-thru and a packed inside. I don't think I'll be trying it any time soon.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:That new In-N-Out in Orem - I pass by it often (so many trips to the craft store!) and it always has over a dozen cars in the drive-thru and a packed inside. I don't think I'll be trying it any time soon.
Not at midnight during the week. I got my food in two minutes yesterday.

Then again, not everyone has the luxury of driving past it on the way home at midnight a few times a week. P:

Also, to In-N-Out haters (not anyone here, necessarily--this is a semi-rant), let me say this: It's not the best burger I've ever had. I don't think anyone with a brain claims that. But it is the best burger for $3 that I have ever had. The outrageously high bang-for-your-buck value is contested only by $5 Red Robin burgers around here. It's also the best drive-through burger that I've ever had. If Five Guys had a drive-through, I would tip my hat to them, but they don't. I can stay in my car, pay $3.22, and have a delicious burger that's more comparable to a sit-down restaurant than to Wendy's or Burger King when I go to In-N-Out. Find me another place around here that does that and I'll stop hating the haters.