Call for Writers

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Laser Jock wrote:There have been a couple others I can think of who also weren't BYU students when they joined the Board (like Humble Master, though he had graduated from BYU); however, the editors very recently tightened up that rule, so I'm doubtful that anyone who's not a current BYU student will be allowed through.
Even HM only got in because he was already answering tons of questions that DL was farming out to him.
sqrt(-1)

Post by sqrt(-1) »

You and all your hating on me in Arizona... Racists.
woe me
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

sqrt(-1) wrote:You and all your hating on me in Arizona... Racists.
Whatever. I just read through the entire thread and didn't see a thing about Arizona.

However, since they are discriminating against those who aren't currently at BYU, they're totally hating on me too! And I even live in Utah! They're hating on Marduk, and he even lives in the same VALLEY as BYU students.

Let's start a club.

Every time I post in this thread I feel like I have to wish the applicants luck. I really hope you all do well!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I'm going to say it's y'all hating on BYU and not going there. ; D
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
sqrt(-1)

Post by sqrt(-1) »

Umm.. Nope. It was BYU hating on me and not paying me very much money. ; D
woe me
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

This is me, celebrating the new application. Hooray! It's so much better!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Laser Jock wrote:
vorpal blade wrote:I believe Tangerine was a board writer while still a Freshman back in 2005-2006. Lexi was also a Freshman when she started writing. Whistler had just finished her Freshman year.

As I recall the Board did have someone who was a student at UVU when werf became a Board writer. I can't remember for sure who it was.
Tangerine was a second-semester freshman, but Lexi was not a freshman as far as I remember (though she was fairly young, she'd been here for at least a year).

The person you're thinking of at UVU (then UVSC) was Lavish, I believe.
The only person I could remember who was a freshman when he or she became a writer was Tangerine. But I wanted to be sure so I searched the archives. I found this in question #45582
Whistler wrote:QDear 100 Hour Board,

How many freshman writers have there been in the history of the Board? Just Tangerine?

sleepy

ADear sleepy,

I started writing the summer after my freshman/first year, so I was kind of a freshman. Lexi was a freshman too. Of course we are exceptional writers so I guess that's how we got on (also, a possible dearth of writers at our time of application).

-Whistler
Whistler was/is an exceptional writer. But as to whether you are right, or Whistler is right about Lexi being a freshman too, I will let the two of you fight it out. :) In the end it doesn't matter.

Lexi did seem very young to me. But what can I say...all the Board writers (and probably all the former Board writers) are young compared to me.

You are right about Lavish. She is the UVU (then UVSC) writer I was thinking about.
dzhonatan

Post by dzhonatan »

Lexi was very young, but she wasn't a freshman. She started writing at the beginning of her sophomore year (I'm personally acquainted with her, after a manner of speaking).
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

dzhonatan wrote:Lexi was very young, but she wasn't a freshman. She started writing at the beginning of her sophomore year (I'm personally acquainted with her, after a manner of speaking).
She was 17 and a junior. So, yes, very young (o:
Lexi Khan

Post by Lexi Khan »

Yeah--I was 17 and a junior. Sorry people. Only my second year at BYU, though--so you were all kind of close. :o)
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Thanks. That settles it.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:This is me, celebrating the new application. Hooray! It's so much better!
What did the old one look like compared to the new one?
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

The old one questions from the editors and then some you had to answer by using the archives. The new one is entirely Board questions, which may or may not use the archives. And they're much better questions.