56776--Ward Activities

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Giovanni Schwartz

56776--Ward Activities

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Dear The Black Sheep,

I'm SO playing whack the cracker at the next gathering I have.

Heart,

Gio
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I personally love playing card and board games.

Someone should come play Pounce with me! (Or several someones...)
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

You realize, don’t you, that the purpose of these activities (like whack the cracker) is to lower inhibitions, increase intermingling of the sexes, foster an atmosphere of physical awareness, promote touching familiarity with members of the opposite sex, give courage to the timid, excuses for the bold, release certain tensions and frustrations concerning gender differences, encourage rivalry and competition for recognition of physical prowess or cleverness, push introverts to take center stage, highlight nubility, and in other ways emphasize who is prepared for marriage?

And…what’s wrong with that?
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I thought the traffic light activity thing was so weird...

Then I went to Institute today and they're having a stoplight dance next week. Okay, apparently it really does happen.

But how do you get past how desperate it makes you seem to wear green? Or the sidelong glances if you wear yellow?

Anyway. Some ward activities are more intricate than others.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

I'm sorry. I would not go to a stoplight activity.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

Dear Gio,

Go forth and enjoy. I think you most definitely will.

Heart,
TBS
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I'm sorry. I would not go to a stoplight activity.
Yeah, I wouldn't either. But I'm pretty sure we're in no danger of ever having one here, because I think I can safely assume that every other person in my branch would also never go to one.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Although it might be fun to wear a different color just to mess with people's minds. Maybe I would wear blue and say that I was married to the sea.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

C is for wrote:I thought the traffic light activity thing was so weird...

Then I went to Institute today and they're having a stoplight dance next week. Okay, apparently it really does happen.

But how do you get past how desperate it makes you seem to wear green? Or the sidelong glances if you wear yellow?

Anyway. Some ward activities are more intricate than others.
wear grey and say you're color blind.
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

My ward did glow-in-the-dark dodge ball not too long ago (which turned into glow in the dark Olympics). I saw VERY impressive welts on people. How can you ever go wrong there?
Tao

Post by Tao »

vorpal blade wrote:You realize, don’t you, that the purpose of these activities (like whack the cracker) is to lower inhibitions, increase intermingling of the sexes, foster an atmosphere of physical awareness, promote touching familiarity with members of the opposite sex, give courage to the timid, excuses for the bold, release certain tensions and frustrations concerning gender differences, encourage rivalry and competition for recognition of physical prowess or cleverness, push introverts to take center stage, highlight nubility, and in other ways emphasize who is prepared for marriage?

Ah... the highlighting of nubility... Where an utter n00b receives a veritable potpourri of bright neon marks upon his person.

Good times, good times....

(cf. nub vs. nubile)
He who knows others is clever;
He who knows himself has discernment.
He who overcomes others has force;
He who overcomes himself is strong. 33:1-4
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

NerdGirl wrote:Although it might be fun to wear a different color just to mess with people's minds. Maybe I would wear blue and say that I was married to the sea.
"The ocean and I have an agreement. She allows me to date other large bodies of water."
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Tao wrote:
vorpal blade wrote:You realize, don’t you, that the purpose of these activities (like whack the cracker) is to lower inhibitions, increase intermingling of the sexes, foster an atmosphere of physical awareness, promote touching familiarity with members of the opposite sex, give courage to the timid, excuses for the bold, release certain tensions and frustrations concerning gender differences, encourage rivalry and competition for recognition of physical prowess or cleverness, push introverts to take center stage, highlight nubility, and in other ways emphasize who is prepared for marriage?

Ah... the highlighting of nubility... Where an utter n00b receives a veritable potpourri of bright neon marks upon his person.

Good times, good times....

(cf. nub vs. nubile)
This is a lot funnier now that I've actually read what you quoted. Before it was just slightly random and I was wondering why you were confusing newbieness with nubility.

But I get it, you guys. It's hilarious.