Hobbes and Marzipan Borg

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

Aw, thanks again, C and bob!

I would be down, mostly to see if I'm right about who you are, Marduk, haha, but also because I'd be intrigued about bearnaise sauce, and I'd like to meet some readers. The two of you who I haven't already met anyway.

What, I'm supposed to be anonymous? Oops.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

C is for wrote:Now I wish I were anything but dismal at hymn-writing. Commander Keen would be getting a 4-part ode from me right about now.

Let me tell you something else I'm pleased about: I was worried that maybe one or two writers wouldn't escape the Borg, and that would be their retirement. What a relief that they're all back and safe. I hope no Borg-unrelated retirements are imminent, either.
Oh, I was worried about that too! That was actually the first think I thought of on the first day when it was just Hobbes and Marzipan, but then I came on here and you guys pointed out the blog, and I was relieved.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

TheBlackSheep wrote:Aw, thanks again, C and bob!

I would be down, mostly to see if I'm right about who you are, Marduk, haha, but also because I'd be intrigued about bearnaise sauce, and I'd like to meet some readers. The two of you who I haven't already met anyway.

What, I'm supposed to be anonymous? Oops.
I want to meet you! If you're ever in Nova Scotia, you should come over.
Marzipan

Post by Marzipan »

I know I'm jumping into this thread SUPER late, but now that tempers are mellowed and it's a happily-ever-after (?), I'll throw in my two cents.

Even though it probably won't matter so much now. Meh. Oh well!

Guys, I really enjoyed working on this project. I know it wasn't everyone's thing, but I appreciated those who at least tolerated it (and I REALLY appreciated those who actually did like it. Hah. You're awesome for enjoying the nerdiness). I know there were some issues with it, but I'm so impressed with the work the other writers put forth. They are one talented bunch!

And I'm glad ya'll stuck with it anyway, and as far as I can gather, no one swore an oath to stop reading the Board forever and ever or burn effigies of the writers or do anything outlandish in general. The next time we pull a giant storyline/gimmick thing, we'll use the feedback you've given and plan it out better. Sound like a plan?

Oh, and I'm up for dinner too, post-finals - if you are, in fact, serious about that offer. Sounds like fun times all around!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Number one - I can vouch for Marduk, he is totally serious about hosting a dinner. He'll be making a thread about it soon (right?).

Number two - note writing is commencing! Be sure to comment! (If you haven't specifically said you wanted your 'nym on the note, but you've been positive about the Borg in this thread, I'm going to put you on the list unless you tell me otherwise. Just FYI.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

Marzipan wrote:as far as I can gather, no one swore an oath to stop reading the Board forever and ever or burn effigies of the writers or do anything outlandish
You forgot out our friend M, the stone-cold bleep! At least, she seemed like a stone-cold bleep in her submission. She's probably a really kind person in real life.

Also, I'm glad things have cooled off and CK has...huggled...all of you for us. I had a lot of fun with this project and I'm glad there are readers like Imogen who understood the whole thing (such as why Yellow's name was so funny).
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Now that I've got Bob on board to help, then it should go off without a hitch (also, she can stay party girl. I'm not especially fond of having the nickname "party boy"). It will have to wait a bit, as I've mentioned, I'm going out of town post-finals, but for anyone who isn't headed out of state immediately after finals, it should be a lot of fun. See the post in the announcement section, and respond there with the likelihood you'll attend, so I can get an approximate headcount.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

NerdGirl wrote:I want to meet you! If you're ever in Nova Scotia, you should come over.
Holy cow, I don't need much of an excuse to visit Nova Scotia. Rest assured that if I'm ever there, I'll let you know.
Marzipan

Post by Marzipan »

You forgot out our friend M, the stone-cold bleep! At least, she seemed like a stone-cold bleep in her submission. She's probably a really kind person in real life.
Oh right, forgot about that, Gimgimno. Well...she doesn't count. She was probably stressed about finals.

Right? Right? Back me up here!
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

No, Marzipan. Gimpy was right. She was a B.
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
Gimgimno

Post by Gimgimno »

Cognoscente wrote:words words Gimpy words words
!!!

Rot in aych-ee-double-hockey-sticks, Coggers!
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

Gimgimno wrote:
!!!

Bahahahaha. The circle of life continues.
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Gimgimno wrote:
!!!

Love this interchange.

I also love that forum activity has hopped up again. Writers writing in to complain about hatin' are still writing in!

And I think of 'im as Gimmers. Or Gimminy. I mean, in the rare circumstances in which I wouldn't think of him as his proper name of Gimgimno.
Marzipan

Post by Marzipan »

I've always thought of Gimgimno as "Gimma-imma-nimma-no" or something along those lines, because that sounds more interesting in my head. But it has to be said in my cheerful little mezzo-soprano voice for the full effect to work. Well...for me, anyway.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

U GAIS, it is totally Gimmy (pronounced Jimmy).
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Maybe Locutus of Board and Hue of Board will start posting on Sundays.

/random speculation
Gimgimno

Post by Gimgimno »

I read it the way that the pronunciation guide in the back of the Book of Mormon says. Because, you know, I sort of trust that book.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Gimgimno wrote:I read it the way that the pronunciation guide in the back of the Book of Mormon says. Because, you know, I sort of trust that book.
Who does that anyway???

I... haven't shortened your 'nym in my head, believe it or not. I think you might be the only one who I haven't, though.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I actually lengthened it, as Marzipan did. To me, you're Gimgimnigo. Only a bit longer, but still.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Gimgimno

Post by Gimgimno »

If someone named their daughter Abed-nego and I married her, that's what we would name our child.