First kiss

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

Yarjka wrote:My first kiss ... it led to marriage.
That's anticlimactic.

Ha.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

my first kiss was in the bathroom of a high school in PSJA, Texas what a guy who was a TERRIBLE kisser. man, he was awful.

my first kiss that was awesome was a year later with my first boyfriend. first he kissed me under my eye, and then on the lips.

best kiss EVER: my second boyfriend came to hang out with me at my house, and i was showing him something on my bookshelf, and we had been hanging out for a month total and hadn't even held hands and he kissed me and i felt the heat rise from the bottom of my feet to the top of my head. it was amazing. best kiss ever.
beautiful, dirty, rich
habiba

Post by habiba »

Tao wrote:
habiba wrote:I don't know who mine was. :oops:
:shock:

Guessing there's a wee bit of an interesting story there...

Then again, if you count elementary school or younger escapades, I would have no way of knowing who was 'first' but I must confess I did have a bit of a drought there between '93 and '07. (Would have been around April of '93 to August 19, 2007)

As for ideal, I don't know if anything that doesn't end up leading to an alter can be considered 'ideal', nor could first kisses that end up becoming makeout sessions be all that advisable, but all in and done, I can say that I don't have any regrets in that department. That's good enough for me.
Yeah, but it's not one I'll share in detail with the public, even in a semi-anonymous setting! I generally don't believe in regrets, just lessons learned, but I really wish I could say that I don't know because I was an amorous child and not because I can't remember which order I kissed the candidates in.

August 19, 2007? Exactly? That must have been some kiss! Or you keep a really good journal...

I think there are different kinds of ideal kisses. It's hard to compare some of my favorite kisses to each other because the feeling or situation behind them was so different. The sweet-and-tender-post-Homecoming kiss, the I-may-never-see-you-again-and-this-might-be-my-last-chance-to-ever-kiss-you kiss, the best-friends-seeing-each-other-in-a-whole-new-way kiss, the that-was-so-intense-I'm-shaking-and-I-can-barely-stand kiss.... I don't think it's about this kiss itself, it's about the person you're kissing.
allahu akbar
Tao

Post by Tao »

habiba wrote: Yeah, but it's not one I'll share in detail with the public, even in a semi-anonymous setting! I generally don't believe in regrets, just lessons learned, but I really wish I could say that I don't know because I was an amorous child and not because I can't remember which order I kissed the candidates in.
Understandible. Those lessons learned can be painful to recall, though in my experience they are usually best learned when they were, they'd allways have been worse earlier or later.
habiba wrote:August 19, 2007? Exactly? That must have been some kiss! Or you keep a really good journal...
Heh. Admittedly, it may have been the 20th. While the day was memorable, I wasn't exactly focused on the clock so midnight may have snuck up on us. And while I may not be too good on recalling dates pertaining to ancient Egypt or some odd, I'm fairly sure I can recall personally important (?) days. (Not 100% sure how accurate it is to be able to recall birthdays or other special dates of every girl I've kissed "important", considering I believe each is currently married or engaged, save one from elementary school that I haven't seen in 15 years.{15 years, 8 months, 13 days... sigh.})
habiba wrote:.... I don't think it's about this kiss itself, it's about the person you're kissing.
Think this sums up the proper attitude to have, no matter what the particular aspect of kissing is being discussed.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

Not counting little-kid kisses (Eh, anything 8 and younger is my definition, or maybe elementary school), my first kiss was at 17, after having dated my boyfriend for a couple months. Finally, we sat in the car parked in front of the house at the end of a date, and I looked over at him. I had been thinking about how to bring it up for weeks, because he is an extremely shy guy, and he hadn't made a move, and I didn't know *why* but I would have rather him said no than keep waiting without an answer.

"So I'll see you tomorrow?" he asked with a smile

I took a gulp of air "Well, yes, but I have a question first."

Silenced echoed throughout the old car and he finally said, with a raised eye brow, "Go ahead?"

"Well..Uhm... I was, uh.. kind of wondering...if you wanted to kiss me?"

cue the awkward first kiss for both of us lol. But man, bringing that up like killed me lol, inasmuch that I had bumped his elbow so much that he probably thought I had an elbow fetish or something XD
Damasta

Post by Damasta »

A former roommate of mine had a nosebleed and bled all over the girl during his first lip-lock. Yikes!
I am Ellipsissy...
Tao

Post by Tao »

Damasta wrote:A former roommate of mine had a nosebleed and bled all over the girl during his first lip-lock. Yikes!
Bah! That might have to be one of the better stories I've heard. Not sure if I feel more for the poor guy or the poor girl.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

I think the young couple that got their orthodontic braces locked together during their first kiss on her front porch and her dad had to come out and separate them out might be worse for embarrassment.
Carrapicho

Re: First kiss

Post by Carrapicho »

I've been lurking on this board for awhile now, but I finally decided to register because I have to post my most awesome first kiss story. Hope it's cool that I resurrect this thread...I know I'm about a month late, but whatever.

I was 23 at the time and it was my first real relationship. He, on the other hand, had had enough practice for both of us. I think that's what made us both so nervous about the impending first kiss--me because I was worried I'd be terrible and he'd know it, and him because he didn't want me to feel let down if it wasn't amazing (haha).

We had been dating for about two weeks. He had come on a road trip with me to CA to visit my parents, and we were at the beach. This was November, and it was around sunset. I got the idea to go climbing on this huge rock that was just at the coastline, and we found this little alcove on the side of the rock facing the ocean. It provided the perfect amount of privacy, as all the other people climbing on the rock were on the other side. We climbed in and just sat there, watching the sunset, the waves crashing all around us...and he leaned in and kissed me. When he pulled away, he told me that he loved me, I responded in kind, and then we just snuggled for a few more minutes before rejoining my family.

Fast forward almost five years, and we are now married with an awesome little boy. I think he had no reason to worry about me feeling let down--I'm quite satisfied with my first kiss story :)
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Dang, yours was actually romantic, Carrapicho! I don't think many people are quite that lucky...

One of my roommates was telling me about her sister's first kiss. She was dating this guy who she really liked, but she was super nervous because she'd never been kissed before. They were sitting on the couch together, he leaned in and kissed her, and the first thing she said was, "THAT WAS BAD!" ...after they laughed and talked a little more, he decided to try again. Things went much better the second time. They ended up getting married several months later!

I was 17 when I got my first kiss. I didn't particularly like the guy, but we had just gotten back from a really, really fun date, and I think we got caught up in the moment. To be honest, I'm not sure which one of us actually initiated it...and it was one of the weirdest experiences of my life! We just pushed our lips together, stayed there stationary for a few seconds, and parted. It was like a high-five for lips! Anyway, I went inside my house feeling all jittery and freaked out, and I stayed up all night trying to decide if that was a good move or a bad move. Looking back, it probably wasn't the brightest idea because I could have waited for someone I really liked. Oh well. I've had better since!
Carrapicho

Post by Carrapicho »

Thanks, tbc! I know not many people get that lucky, and I definitely consider myself a lucky girl. I do wonder sometimes if I "missed out" by never kissing another man, but then I look at my husband and know that it doesn't even matter :)

Your first kiss story is hilarious. I like the analogy of the high-five :lol: A lot of these stories are pretty good, I think, be they funny, romantic, or just plain embarrassing!
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

first kiss: I liked this guy for a long time, we'd gone out a couple times but really we were just friends. Then he came over after Christmas and gave me a gift. We ended up smooching in the kitchen, then we moved to the couch. But, it turned out he didn't really like me, he just wanted to kiss me or something...it was lame.

second kiss: I'd been in this relationship for a week, and it was Valentines day. He had walked me to my car (he didn't have one, so I always drove to his place) and we were hugging, then he looked down at me (he's over a foot taller than me) and said "I've never kissed anyone before, I don't really know how this works". And then we kissed. And it was amazing.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
FauxRaiden

Post by FauxRaiden »

Had mine at 15 with some girl I had been 'dating' for a month or so. It wasn't bad by any means, but forgettable. She ended up cheating on me at some point a couple of weeks later. So that relationship which is down the drain and she seemed to go way off the deep end after me. Going on all crazy, claiming that guys raped her that didn't etc.

I suppose it was for the best that didn't last.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

You all... you're so open... you realize Giovanni knows who all of you are, right?
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Craig Jessop wrote:You all... you're so open... you realize Giovanni knows who all of you are, right?
Yeah...and? I don't even care if he knows the guys I talked about (though he'd have to be a pretty diligent C4 researcher to find that out). It's not like First Kiss stories are secrets.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Most of us know who at least some of the others are, you know. And not only 'cause we have semi-regular parties.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Yeah. They all know who everyone is. So it's not really anonymous if you're on the message board, because there's some way to find out everyone.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Which is why I create throw away aliases if there's something I feel is important to say, but I want to remain anonymous.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

This is off topic, but just out of curiosity, does anybody here think they know who I really am?
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

vorpal blade wrote:This is off topic, but just out of curiosity, does anybody here think they know who I really am?
No, but one time I had a dream about you! We were meeting clandestinely somewhere in California to do something that would save the world, and I was supposed to wait for you behind a stake center. I said, "Are you Vorpal Blade?" And you said, "Yes. You must be Nerd Girl." And then I woke up. But you looked like Sean Connery. I like to imagine that other Boardies would have shown up too if I had stayed asleep long enough.