Usage of wine in sacrament

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

FauxRaiden

Re: Usage of wine in sacrament

Post by FauxRaiden »

Craig Jessop wrote:
FauxRaiden wrote: I for one would refuse the sacrament just because it tasted like recycled urine twice vomited with a touch of baking soda.
Really? I mean really? Was that really necessary? I know you're joking, but seriously. This is the sacrament we're talking about.
I suppose I just feel that strongly about the taste. If it was offensive, my apologies.
Marduk wrote:Besides, wine doesn't taste THAT bad. I mean, supposedly beer is worse.
Maybe. They're both acquired tastes I'm sure but neither of them are a road I wanna take if for no other reason than they're just horrible tasting. With beer though it seems the taste varies quite a bit, wine seems largely the same. Then again, I don't have a whole lot of experience with it.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I've heard beer tastes about like pee smells.
Tao

Post by Tao »

He is right and he is right? They cannot both be right!

Heh, actually it turns out that urine tastes remarkably like beer. And there exists a considerable faction of people who claim that a glass a day is the key to a long and healthy life.
He who knows others is clever;
He who knows himself has discernment.
He who overcomes others has force;
He who overcomes himself is strong. 33:1-4
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

FauxRaiden wrote:
Marduk wrote:Besides, wine doesn't taste THAT bad. I mean, supposedly beer is worse.
Maybe. They're both acquired tastes...
Many people like the taste. I've only had one bottle of beer in my life, but I found it to be very, very good. It's not like the first drink is terrible and you have to build up an immunity to it like some sort of iocane powder. I'm not advocating drinking (in fact, I would advocate the opposite), but I just want to dispel the myth that people who imbibe alcoholic beverages can not be doing so for their genuine enjoyment of the taste.
FauxRaiden

Post by FauxRaiden »

Yarjka wrote:
FauxRaiden wrote:
Maybe. They're both acquired tastes...
Many people like the taste. I've only had one bottle of beer in my life, but I found it to be very, very good. It's not like the first drink is terrible and you have to build up an immunity to it like some sort of iocane powder. I'm not advocating drinking (in fact, I would advocate the opposite), but I just want to dispel the myth that people who imbibe alcoholic beverages can not be doing so for their genuine enjoyment of the taste.
Maybe you just got lucky or something. In my rather uh...extensive experience in the past with alcohol I hadn't found a beer or wine that was even remotely worth drinking, not for taste anyway. Just out of curiosity, what was it that you drank?
Damasta

Post by Damasta »

I haven't had beer or wine, but I've smelled both on people's breath (including a whole host of other alcoholic beverages) and I say they're all nasty.
I am Ellipsissy...
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

FauxRaiden wrote:Maybe you just got lucky or something. In my rather uh...extensive experience in the past with alcohol I hadn't found a beer or wine that was even remotely worth drinking, not for taste anyway. Just out of curiosity, what was it that you drank?
Molson Ice, I believe? I didn't look that closely, to be honest. I think I remember seeing 'lager' on the bottle.

I'll agree with you on wine ... I don't personally like it, but I've only had very cheap wine, and some sangria when I was in spain. But that doesn't mean others don't think it tastes quite great. I've never been able to appreciate the taste of coffee, either, but boy do I love a good cup of tea.