#57789 Cool Secret Skill

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Giovanni Schwartz

Re: #57789 Cool Secret Skill

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Umm... The last time I threw up I think had absolutely nothing to do with Disneyland. Sorry.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

i sing really well, which is only a secret from you guys. but the people i talk to on gchat are welcome to make me sing for you since i need to practice for an audition.
beautiful, dirty, rich
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

C is for wrote:Okay, well, we'll have to put a rain check on it for at least a week. Maybe a few days. At the moment I have an IV in my hand which makes typing difficult and painful and would give you a totally unfair advantage.

Being in the hospital has reminded me of another one of my cool secret skills: I'm pretty good at throwing up. I tend to block that one from my mind...
Oh, no, C is for, I hope everything is okay!

I used to be really good at throwing up. Not so much anymore now that I've been diagnosed with celiac and I no longer eat stuff that makes my body try to destroy my intestines. But a twisty car ride will still bring on that secret skill.
Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

Ah, Gio, then your brother has sinned deeply. He lied on his app. Tsk tsk...
UnluckyStuntman

Post by UnluckyStuntman »

Sky Bones wrote:Ah, Gio, then your brother has sinned deeply. He lied on his app. Tsk tsk...
oh snap! busted.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Ooo ooo! I remember another one! A really good one!

My secret skill is to mess up anything that involves cooking or baking. It's usually still edible, only sub-par. Too much salt, not enough vanilla, cooked for too long, not cooked long enough... even when I don't notice that I did anything wrong, I still find that the end product is somehow not how it should be.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I used to throw up before/during almost every date I went on. Also the first day of school. It was completely ridiculous. In good news, I got really good at recognizing when I was going to throw up and thus could calmly and graciously leave the room and no one had any idea what happened. In bad news, it's a lot harder to graciously get up and leave when you're in the middle of kissing someone and realize you need to throw up. I can count at least 3 times this happened. At least one of those guys thought that he must just be a really bad kisser when I suddenly broke apart and said I had to leave, then fled.

Looking back I can laugh; in the moment it was traumatizing.

I hope I never have to count any of this as a cool secret skill.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Sky Bones wrote:Ah, Gio, then your brother has sinned deeply. He lied on his app. Tsk tsk...
Did not! This was years and years ago! I even remember where it was -- we pulled into this weird stand of palm trees in the middle of the California desert right after our mother leaped over all of us! Every time we pass it I remember it with an odd sense of nostalgic fondness and revulsion.

The last time I threw up I think I was eleven. I almost did a few months ago when an investigator fed us these nasty hot dogs, though, and I was kneeling and paying my devotions to the porcelain goddess when my companion came barreling in from the bedroom at 2 am. Being a nice guy I kindly removed myself to the kitchen where I hovered over the trash can and... nothing happened. I was quite grateful even if I did feel sick for the next day and a half.
Giovanni Schwartz

See? Long time ago. Didn't remember. Because it was so long ago. I still have no idea what story he's talking about, for the record.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:See? Long time ago. Didn't remember. Because it was so long ago. I still have no idea what story he's talking about, for the record.
We were going to Disneyland, you threw up in the humidifier. End of story. We were young, had pb&j for lunch with Pringles.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Gimgimno wrote:
C is for wrote:link

Gimgimno, I have practiced TypeRacer and, while accepting the fact I might lose, am prepared to meet you on the racecourse.
I forgot about this! It is on whenever you want to play. (:
I'm feeling better now! I am ready to race at your leisure (since you appear to be the one that actually has a job or school or silly things like that).

Anyone else want in? You don't have to be good to have a fun time typing random quotes from random pieces of literature!
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I'm up for a game of Typeracer, although I'm not nearly as good as you all claim to be and therefore probably are.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I just did 104 WPM on my first ever TypeRacer practice. Does that qualify me as competitive enough to race against you guys? Cuz if so, I'm in. (Though, I'm scared off by those top scores of 170+)
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

I blow bubbles with my tongue.
wryness

Post by wryness »

I was so glad to see The Detective post mention being able to double his vision at will. I have been able to do that since I was seven or eight years old, and I don't think I've ever successfully explained that to anyone.

I'm not a freak; hurrah!

(P.S. Wow! Turns out there are actually websites where you can make stereograms ["Magic Eyes"]. Neato!)
Giovanni Schwartz

I'm so close to reading that, and then I always lose it. ] =
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I got it! I got it! Woohoo!
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

wryness wrote:I was so glad to see The Detective post mention being able to double his vision at will.
I thought everybody could do that...
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Craig Jessop wrote:
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:See? Long time ago. Didn't remember. Because it was so long ago. I still have no idea what story he's talking about, for the record.
We were going to Disneyland, you threw up in the humidifier. End of story. We were young, had pb&j for lunch with Pringles.

That is straight up nasty. I don't know why, but the image that you didn't paint won't get out of my head.
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
Giovanni Schwartz

Like I said. I have no memory of it. And it probably didn't happen.