Random Ramblings and the Deathly Hallows

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Re: Random Ramblings and the Deathly Hallows

Post by xkcd *** »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Six.
That's fine. Six year olds are little, and clothes are annoying.
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I was filing today and I found a mini-loaf of bread in one of the file boxes. It is hard as a rock, probably been there for years, and I think it was blueberry.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Blueberry?

Or Bluemoldy?

After years I think it could be difficult to tell.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

It was also in a porcelain dish and had plastic wrap around it. And I didn't see any mold, but I wasn't examining it closely.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

I was just sent a facebook friend request by a MALE named Wendy. I'm still trying to figure that one out
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Unlucky, throw them off! (I don't have Twitter...really...mostly... so I can't reply to you there.) Keep it a secret! Be the next Uffish! That's my advice.
UnluckyStuntman

Post by UnluckyStuntman »

C is for wrote:Unlucky, throw them off! (I don't have Twitter...really...mostly... so I can't reply to you there.) Keep it a secret! Be the next Uffish! That's my advice.
Thanks C is for! My answer will post in the next few days... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

The Young Women gave me the Fathers' Day treat today after sacrament meeting. It was Dad's root beer and a Big Hunk. You are what you eat, right?
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I just emailed my three favorite professors to ask if they would write me reference letters for medical school, and now I feel like this is really happening!!!
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

How come the week I'm out of town and limited internet access this forum is crazy happening and it took me hours to catch up and now that I have some time during the day, no one ever posts?
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I wonder the same thing. All the time.

My sister just tried to make a pineapple shake. I hope she didn't use all the pineapple because her culinary experiment sounds like it was a failure.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Hrmm, generally highly acidic fruits should be avoided in shakes. And I'm sorry Dragon Lady. Would you like me to pick a fight with Vorpal so you can have some epicly long posts to trudge through? He and I do a good job of drowning the board in a deluge of often tedious text.
Deus ab veritas
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I had a pineapple shake from Dairy Queen a few days ago and it was pretty good.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Now I want one of those pineapple whips from Disneyland.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Marduk wrote:Hrmm, generally highly acidic fruits should be avoided in shakes. And I'm sorry Dragon Lady. Would you like me to pick a fight with Vorpal so you can have some epicly long posts to trudge through? He and I do a good job of drowning the board in a deluge of often tedious text.
Nah. I tend to skip those. :) You two are interested in things I am not. But thanks for the offer! I'll just go back to reading Mistborn instead.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Dragon Lady wrote:I'll just go back to reading Mistborn instead.
Woohoo! Mistborn! I've been feeling like maybe reading that trilogy again but my dad likes to lend out books without mentioning who he's lent them out to, so I can't.

Can't read Elantris, same reason.

And for some reason, I haven't felt like rereading Warbreaker yet. I'm sure the story would interest me again once I started reading it, but right now I feel this faint...repulsion. It's weird.

Well, if it's Brandon Sanderson I'm after, guess I'm left with Alcatraz. At least at this house.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

I saw Sean Connery today. Seriously, this guy looked EXACTLY like Sean Connery a la Vorpal.

You don't believe me right now. You think that I'm exaggerating and that he just looked remotely similar.

He was a SPITTING IMAGE of Sean Connery. A SPITTING IMAGE.

(That, or it was that guy from Fiddler on the Roof. You know, Toppy.)
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

C is for wrote:
Dragon Lady wrote:I'll just go back to reading Mistborn instead.
Woohoo! Mistborn! I've been feeling like maybe reading that trilogy again but my dad likes to lend out books without mentioning who he's lent them out to, so I can't.

Can't read Elantris, same reason.

And for some reason, I haven't felt like rereading Warbreaker yet. I'm sure the story would interest me again once I started reading it, but right now I feel this faint...repulsion. It's weird.

Well, if it's Brandon Sanderson I'm after, guess I'm left with Alcatraz. At least at this house.
I just finished Alcatraz and he needs to finish books 4 and 5. He's got this bad habit of leaving me hanging. He also needs to do Elantris 2 and Warbreaker 2. I'm mad at him now for leaving his books open ended. I told him so when I saw him at the Provo Library, too. Perhaps that's why I like Mistborn. It's done and it feels done. I have been wanting to read Warbreaker again, though. So many things I didn't see coming. I wanna read it again with the knowledge I now have.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Mmmm, I don't know if there will be an Elantris 2.While I'm sure if anyone could pull it off, he could, but making a sequel after deifying your characters tends to fall flat.

I'd love the opportunity to have a nice sit-down chat with him at some point in the middle future, though. Would be ideal
He who knows others is clever;
He who knows himself has discernment.
He who overcomes others has force;
He who overcomes himself is strong. 33:1-4
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I wish I could talk with him too. Until that day, I'll have to get by with Writing Excuses.

--Jasper Fforde