#58089 Hypatia Vs. Marzipan

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Dead Cat
Completed

#58089 Hypatia Vs. Marzipan

Post by Dead Cat »

I really liked this question. No wait, scratch that. I really like how you answered this question. It was creative and fun to read, even though it was, indeed, awkward.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Cognoscente

Re: #58089 Hypatia Vs. Marzipan

Post by Cognoscente »

That adventure was super awkward but super fun.
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
Marzipan

Post by Marzipan »

Cognoscente, it was fun for you because you didn't have to compete. That was probably the most humiliating thing I've ever done for the Board!
Hypatia

Post by Hypatia »

I don't know if I will ever be able to show my face around the HBLL again! That "adventure" turned out to be far more terrible than I thought it would be.

Also, how do I get a fancy 'Board Writer' tag under my name?
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Hypatia wrote:I don't know if I will ever be able to show my face around the HBLL again! That "adventure" turned out to be far more terrible than I thought it would be.

Also, how do I get a fancy 'Board Writer' tag under my name?
Gotcha covered. You have to post a couple times so we remember you have an account. ;)

I really did love this question. Especially the part about not having to do it myself. I hope it becomes a classic.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

I agree. Well done, guys. Every time I think about seeing that happen in person I laugh really hard. Mainly because I am very, very glad it wasn't me. Thanks for going the extra mile today! (You know, for science.)
Hypatia

Post by Hypatia »

Thanks C is for! I feel all integrated now!
Commander Keen

Post by Commander Keen »

Marzipan wrote:Cognoscente, it was fun for you because you didn't have to compete. That was probably the most humiliating thing I've ever done for the Board!
I dunno, I was Marzipan's judge for the phone numbers event, and she seemed entirely capable AND willing when it came time to perform....
<insert smarmy quote here>
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

Commander Keen wrote:
Marzipan wrote:Cognoscente, it was fun for you because you didn't have to compete. That was probably the most humiliating thing I've ever done for the Board!
I dunno, I was Marzipan's judge for the phone numbers event, and she seemed entirely capable AND willing when it came time to perform....
I could see that being the case. I'm inclined to agree with you, CK.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Sweet mercy, this was one of the funniest questions I have read in a long time. I think it should be on the top 10 favorites.
Marzipan

Post by Marzipan »

Commander Keen wrote:
Oh, what-the-freak-EVER, CK. You dunno what you're talking about! Maybe it seemed that way because I'm a prompt texter, or because that was simply the least horrible event of the three.