Bravest

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Re: Bravest

Post by TheBlackSheep »

Today I walked into a dorm at work to find a client unconscious. I did basic first aid and had the decency to not freak out until after the paramedics arrived. And she's okay, thank goodness.

(I'm posting this so that I'll have 70 posts rather than 69. And now I'm officially swearing off this forum. Have fun, play nice, and all the best. You may, as ever, contact me by email should the need ever arise.)
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

TheBlackSheep wrote:And now I'm officially swearing off this forum.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Ha ha ha! I made a phone call just now to some people! Hooray!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Resurrecting this forum to say that the bravest thing I've done recently was ask the nursery leader at church if we could start bringing our son to nursery 2 months early if one of us accompanies him. She agreed, and I couldn't be happier. It's getting increasingly hard for us to chase him around and keep him still and happy for three hours at a time, and dang, nursery is awesome. Snacks, toys, singing time, a ball pit...we all loved it.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

. . . a ball pit? Where do you attend church, exactly, McDonalds?
NerdGirl

Post by NerdGirl »

Hey, yeah, I want a ball pit in church! No fair!!
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

The bravest thing I did today was actually follow through with my plan to hang out with 3d and convince myself that he's not avoiding me. I also hung out with other boys today.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

The bravest thing I did today was trying to ingest some real food after two separate instances of accidentally tasting spoiled food. Mold is gross, children. Don't you forget it.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Wisteria wrote:. . . a ball pit? Where do you attend church, exactly, McDonalds?
Nursery is a magical place.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

thebigcheese wrote:The bravest thing I did today was trying to ingest some real food after two separate instances of accidentally tasting spoiled food. Mold is gross, children. Don't you forget it.
Not a fan of the bleu cheeses, eh?
Deus ab veritas
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Marduk wrote:
thebigcheese wrote:The bravest thing I did today was trying to ingest some real food after two separate instances of accidentally tasting spoiled food. Mold is gross, children. Don't you forget it.
Not a fan of the bleu cheeses, eh?
Not on my rolls. Or my milk.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

The bravest thing I did today was go to the eye doctor. I hate that machine that does the puff of air in your eyes ... A distant second was getting blood drawn. Yes, in my mind needles are far better than puffs of air in my eyes.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Emiliana wrote:The bravest thing I did today was go to the eye doctor. I hate that machine that does the puff of air in your eyes ... A distant second was getting blood drawn. Yes, in my mind needles are far better than puffs of air in my eyes.
I agree with you on the evils of both of them, though I would say that needles are FAR worse!
NerdGirl

Post by NerdGirl »

The thing I hate most about they eye doctor (and I'm having to go there approximately once every two weeks at the moment) is how much time I have to spend talking to people with my glasses off. I can't talk to people that I can't see! It's the same reason why I hate talking on the phone!
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

NerdGirl wrote:The thing I hate most about they eye doctor (and I'm having to go there approximately once every two weeks at the moment) is how much time I have to spend talking to people with my glasses off. I can't talk to people that I can't see! It's the same reason why I hate talking on the phone!
Wow, why are you going to the dr so much?

Yeah, I hate that too. I kept instinctively putting my glasses back on as soon as one test was over, and the doctor kept saying, "No, I'm not done yet, take them off ... "
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

The bravest thing I've done so far today, incidentally, was actually express my feelings.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

My bravest act was driving to and from Seattle all by myself this morning...I have an embarrassingly debilitating fear of the interstate
NerdGirl

Post by NerdGirl »

Emiliana wrote: Wow, why are you going to the dr so much?
I have uveitis, which is inflammation in the eye not caused by an infection. It's probably related to my juvenile arthritis that I had as a child. It's kind of weird because I had it until about age 7 and then I had no symptoms for years, but then last November I started having weird blurriness in just my right eye intermittently, so I went to my family doctor and she referred me to an ophthalmologist. She knew from my history that I had had uveitis as child, so she put all of that in the referral. Not even 5 minutes after I got home from the doctor's office, the ophthalmologist called me and he seemed really concerned and he was like "We can get you in first thing tomorrow morning, unless you think it can't wait that long in which case you can come RIGHT NOW and we'll try to squeeze you in." And I was kind of thinking what's the big deal, all it is is the weird blurriness and no pain or anything, and this guy is freaking out. So I waited until the next day, and sure enough they found a lot of inflammation in there and I had to have all kinds of tests to make sure the back of my eye wasn't bleeding or anything and I had to have a chest x-ray and a blood test for every possible disease that can cause uveitis (including syphilis! I can officially tell people that I have tested negative for syphilis!), but I ended up not having any of those diseases and all that was abnormal was my c-reactive protein level which is just a very general marker of inflammation somewhere in the body. So they put me on steroid drops to get rid of the inflammation, but it's still hanging on although it's not nearly as active as it was, so I have to go in all the time so they can see how it's progressing and make sure my eye pressure is normal (because the steroids can change it) and to make sure the cells aren't clumping up too much because that can cause cataracts and blindness and stuff. And that is my whole exciting story of why I spend so much time at the eye doctor these days! :)
SWKT Parachuter

Post by SWKT Parachuter »

The bravest thing I've ever done is to come back to this forum. Nice to see none of you have changed. By the way, who used my name in a question the other day? I'm flattered.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

The bravest thing I did lately was take my brother's dog for a run around the lake twice in a row. I'm less sore than I thought I would be.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.