glasses

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.

Which of the following describes you best?

I don't need glasses, and I'm proud of it! Other people with glasses can be attractive: it depends.
17%
I don't need glasses, and I'm proud of it! I am only attracted to people like me.
No votes
I don't need glasses, and I'm proud of it! I guess if people wear contacts, that's okay.
No votes
I wear glasses, and I'm proud of my nerd status! Only other bespectacled nerds are attractive to me.
4%
I wear glasses, and I'm proud of my nerd status! I am trying to increase my evolutionary advantages by liking people with good eyesight.
4%
I wear glasses/contacts, don't think about it, and glasses don't influence how attracted I am to someone.
43%
I don't wear glasses, don't think about it, and glasses don't influence how attracted I am to someone.
9%
I wear glasses, and prefer to be thought of as a "hipster" (or insert other non-nerdy word here.) I think nerds with glasses are attractive, though.
4%
I am more on of this "hipster" glasses-wearing type, and I only associate with like-minded individuals, listening to our indie albums.
4%
I wear contacts, and hate how I look in glasses. I tend to be drawn to people who don't need them, so hopefully my children will not carry this curse.
No votes
I wear contacts, but nerds who can pull off glasses are hot.
13%
Colored contacts, baby!
No votes

Total votes: 23

Portia

glasses

Post by Portia »

would consider myself to be an "A."
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Where's "I don't need glasses. I think nerds with glasses are attractive, though."
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Aren't options 2 and 4 a little supremist?
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

See, and for me, it all depends on the frames that people chose. Some people look really hot in their glasses, and some people look downright hideous. For me, I like to have nice frames so that I don't look bad in them, but if I don't put in my contacts it's because I am just being lazy on any given day. Same with my husband, who actually had awful frames when I married him. It was a good thing he wears contacts nearly every day. It made me very happy when I helped him pick out his next pair though. :D
bigthemat

Post by bigthemat »

uhh... i kinda don't fit any of those. I don't see wearing glasses as necessarily nerd status.
All music is folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing no song
Tangerine

Post by Tangerine »

Hmm, I think I need a category "I wish I wore contacts, and I think glasses are hot."

I've never needed glasses, but I've always had this secret desire to wear contacts. I even tried to put my sister's in once when I was a kid, but I couldn't get them in.

And yes, glasses can definitely be hot.
Portia

categories

Post by Portia »

I tried to cover many bases by putting so many options: if you don't feel you're represented, choose the closest one, I guess. Some are meant to be a bit tongue-in-cheek (read: hipsters).

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/0128 ... -radio.gif
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

Hey! Some of us actually happen to be hipsters. Kind of.

At least, if I am one, I'm not as pretentious as some.

Er, yeah. Move along.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »