Random Maids a'Milking!

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Re: Random Maids a'Milking!

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Shoot I just got a letter Utah is charging me $3000 for not turning in a tax form that I did turn in crap I hope this all works out I don't have $3000!!!!!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

I'm alive! I'm actually doing very well. I've started cardio rehab and everything great. Yay!
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

yellow m&m wrote:I've started cardio rehab
I first read this as "Claudio rehab." I must miss him.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

i am covered in fake blood from doing tech for "Evil Dead: The Musical." It smells like chocolate and mint. delightful.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Puckish Fiend

Post by Puckish Fiend »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Shoot I just got a letter Utah is charging me $3000 for not turning in a tax form that I did turn in crap I hope this all works out I don't have $3000!!!!!
My friend got hit with the same fine. It is because they sell cakes they make in their off time. Wedding cakes, birthday cakes, etc. But the fine was for not paying the tax on having an eating establishment. They just called and explained that people don't eat the cake they pay for in their kitchen, and it got waived.
Lord, what fools these mortals be!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Mine has to do with employee wages - it's the form I'm supposed to fill out to know how much I owe in Social Security and all that. Thing is, the period they're charging me for - I wasn't a business at the time. I was doing business, but hadn't yet registered, so I couldn't turn in the form! Also, I only started paying wages this month, so I don't owe them anything.

Phone call tomorrow. I hate phones, especially in cases like these.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

hey, if you still have problems, let me know. My mother-in-law is a whiz and certified to help people with their taxes for free.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Whistler wrote:hey, if you still have problems, let me know. My mother-in-law is a whiz and certified to help people with their taxes for free.
Thanks for the offer, Whistler! Thankfully, when I called, all the person had to do was look up my account. I was right in hoping that they had just sent out the letter before it got into the system that I had turned in the form. I owe them $0!
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Me and my husband made the best pumpkin ever last night. We used this stencil.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

thebigcheese wrote:Me and my husband made the best pumpkin ever last night. We used this stencil.
At first I thought, "you made a pumpkin? Wouldn't that be grow a pumpkin? Or made a pumpkin pie?". Then I clicked on the link and I got it.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

yellow m&m wrote:I'm alive! I'm actually doing very well. I've started cardio rehab and everything great. Yay!
Glad to hear that, yellow m&m.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Dead Cat wrote:
thebigcheese wrote:Me and my husband made the best pumpkin ever last night. We used this stencil.
At first I thought, "you made a pumpkin? Wouldn't that be grow a pumpkin? Or made a pumpkin pie?". Then I clicked on the link and I got it.
Haha sorry. We carved a pumpkin. My bad.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Heh. We carved a pumpkin too... if by "carved," you meant brutally cleaved in half, scrapped the guts out, and threw in the oven for three hours.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

ahem. wrote:Heh. We carved a pumpkin too... if by "carved," you meant brutally cleaved in half, scrapped the guts out, and threw in the oven for three hours.
Hmmm… I need to do that. With a pumpkin from my garden!
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Yes, well, it was supposed to give us plenty of pureed pumpkin for our freezer... but then we made cookies... and then my little sister sweet talked us out of half of it (even though I did all the hard work).

So we only like 4 cups left in the freezer. But it wasn't all that much trouble, so I guess I can always do another one if we need more for holiday baking. :)
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Forgive my ignorance...I've never made pumpkin stuff from scratch. Is this pureed pumpkin concoction of yours basically the same stuff as the canned pumpkin at the store?
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Yes. My pureed freezer pumpkin is just cooked pumpkin that I ran through the food processor until it was smooth. It can be used instead of canned pumpkin in any recipe.

Please note: You can buy canned pumpkin that has spices and other stuff added that is sometimes called "pumpkin pie mix." This is not the same as that, though you could doctor it up to make it a good approximation.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

This kind is just tastier and cheaper. And you feel all cool inside because you made your own pumpkin puree.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Or you could just, you know, never make stuff out of pumpkin. That's what I do. (Seriously, what is the appeal? "Hey look, I made a pumpkin cheesecake!" Me: "Wow, this is good. I bet it would be even better without the pumpkin!")
Deus ab veritas
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Unit of Energy wrote:my co-worker likes to play name that hymn with me. Today he was humming a hymn, but all I could think of were the lyrics of Go Tell Aunt Rhodie
"Lord Dismiss Us With Thy Blessing."

I always feel so Puritan when we sing this song in church.