Kissing scenes ~ #62051

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

stargirl

Kissing scenes ~ #62051

Post by stargirl »

I don't really think of myself as a super-girly-girl (not that i'm tomboyish, either--i like to think i strike a fair balance), but this person has discovered my ULTiMATE WEAKNESS.

This one is my current favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If7yzsrEIEM
[Just a heads-up for those who may care: there is one swearword in there. It must be from the extended version or something; it's not in the version i own.]

Haughglhglhgh <3 TELL YOUR FAVORiTE(S) TO ME NOW
"She was illusive. She was today. She was tomorrow. She was the faintest scent of a cactus flower, the flitting shadow of an elf owl."
Tim the Monkey

Re: Kissing scenes ~ #62051

Post by Tim the Monkey »

I've always had a soft spot for this one.

(Sorry for the bad video quality...)
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHAAUgMgafs&list=SL

BEST EVER!!! (BBC's Pride and Prejudice!!!)
Last edited by Imogen on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

You should all put the names of the movies on those links so I can be lazy and know if I want to watch it before I actually click on the link. :)
stargirl

Post by stargirl »

Imogen wrote: BEST EVER!!! (BBC's Pride and Prejudice!!!)
Cute :) Heh, this another one of those waited-four-hours-to-see-this kisses, isn't it?
"She was illusive. She was today. She was tomorrow. She was the faintest scent of a cactus flower, the flitting shadow of an elf owl."
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

stargirl wrote:
Cute :) Heh, this another one of those waited-four-hours-to-see-this kisses, isn't it?
6 hours, to be exact.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Imogen wrote:
stargirl wrote:
6 hours, to be exact.
Actually, 5. There are 6 VHS's, but they're each 50 minutes for a total of 5 hours. (And, btw, I just watched the whole thing the other day. I started it during Dragon Baby's nap and when she got up, she kept watching it with me, which I hadn't expected. I guess I'm just brainwashing her young. :D )
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Dragon Lady wrote:Actually, 5. There are 6 VHS's, but they're each 50 minutes for a total of 5 hours. (And, btw, I just watched the whole thing the other day. I started it during Dragon Baby's nap and when she got up, she kept watching it with me, which I hadn't expected. I guess I'm just brainwashing her young. :D )
The first time I ever remember watching P&P (the 1980 version, because this was pre-1995), I started having weird premonitions halfway through about how a few of the characters were going to turn out. Turns out my mom had watched it with me when I was too young to really remember, but some of it had stuck with me.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

stargirl linked to Penelope, Tim linked to That Thing You Do.
/fyi

Those are good kisses. I will need to ponder a little more about my personal favorites. Right now I'm just in a spectating mood, y'know?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Ah, I have so many memories with Very Long Pride and Prejudice. Refusing to watch it, breaking down and watching it, actually liking it, turning to it in times of sickness, being forced to watch it after being kidnapped, having Pride and Prejudice marathons...

Back on topic, for a while I was quite fond of the almost-kiss in the rain scene of the most recent P&P. link In fact there were several moments in this movie that would move me to girlish glee. There may have even been some squeeing involved. *embarrassing fact for the day*
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
stargirl

Post by stargirl »

bobtheenchantedone wrote: Back on topic, for a while I was quite fond of the almost-kiss in the rain scene of the most recent P&P. link In fact there were several moments in this movie that would move me to girlish glee. There may have even been some squeeing involved. *embarrassing fact for the day*
Gahhhhhh. Almost-kisses are intense!
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

I'm still a sucker for the kiss at the end of You've Got Mail. In fact, that's probably my all-time favorite. "I wanted it to be you...I wanted it to be you so badly"

Gets me every time.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

I like how it's only girls commenting on this.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Care to tell us YOUR favorite scene, Craigy?
Deus ab veritas
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

You first, Mardsie.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Mardsie? That's a new one. What happened to Duckie?
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

Wait, Tim the Monkey is a girl?
and to validate this post here is one of my favorite kissing scenes from the 1994 little women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGgDtasH2b8
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Um, I'm not sure whether Tim is a girl or not.

And I feel like I do need to chime in here, I'm not loving the BBC P&P kiss. I like the SyFy Alice/Hatter one better, and I've never even seen that show. P&P is okay, but it feels less like a kiss because they want to kiss than a kiss because it's the end of the movie. Hence, my ambivalence.

I'm trying to decide (without the benefit of Youtube, which is blocked on ye olde compy) if sunbursts and marble halls is an epic movie kiss or if it's just a romantic scene. Know what I'm sayin'?

Ooh, or any of the Doctor/Rose ones. I'm not sure if they're on the same scale.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I'm going to have to go with this one. It's a real magical kiss--with fireworks!
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Dead Cat wrote:I'm going to have to go with this one. It's a real magical kiss--with fireworks!
And it has the unfortunate effect of transforming him from a hot beast to a boring-looking prince.