Home, with me, myself, and a good book or television program
21%
With a small group of friends
59%
At a bumpin' party
3%
Stake socials
3%
Other (feel free to discuss, but I'm not going to pull a C is for)
14%

Total votes: 29

Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Another Craig Jessop poll

Post by Craig Jessop »

Feel free to discuss acceptable Friday night activities alone, with a small group of people, and with a large group of people.
mic0

Re: Another Craig Jessop poll

Post by mic0 »

I feel so lame saying I like to be by myself on Friday nights. Generally on Friday I am exhausted from the week and just want to wind down. I like to remain casual for the evening, and usually I spend it with my boyfriend either playing a quiet Board game or watching shows/movies. So, I don't seek out being with groups of people (unless I know them pretty well) but I don't necessarily sit around alone either.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Well, I'm certainly at a stage where the days of the week don't mean very much. But an ideal evening to me is just hanging out with my kids or maybe a date with the hubby. I'm not a party person.

Tonight it will be grilling up some steak at our hotel and hanging out here in San Diego. We had some awesome Pho for lunch, thanks to the great advice given here :). I have to say I am rather in love with this vacation.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I usually just spend the evenings, every evening, with my roommates or a particular friend and his roommates. I do enjoy playing Rock Band at another apartment in my ward.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

At this time of year, I should be using my Friday night to pack up the car, make lunch, and finish product so I can be all prepared for Saturday's market.

Instead, I usually get a call and then spend the evening with Marduk.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I said other because we have Institute on Friday nights and it is awesome. I love Institute here. I love the singles branch here. There are a lot of recent converts from really diverse backgrounds, so people always have interesting perspectives on things. And it's really small so you get to know people really well.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Well, I'm glad to see that my behavior is so quintessential.

Can't remember the last time I really had an ideal Friday night (I picked small group of friends) -- it could possibly be ideal because it hasn't happened in so long. Most of the time I am pretty much by myself or with my dad and brother (which doesn't count). But I enjoy small social gatherings with my friends. I need to start making some.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

C is for wrote:Well, I'm glad to see that my behavior is so quintessential.

Can't remember the last time I really had an ideal Friday night (I picked small group of friends) -- it could possibly be ideal because it hasn't happened in so long. Most of the time I am pretty much by myself or with my dad and brother (which doesn't count). But I enjoy small social gatherings with my friends. I need to start making some.
I saw your sister tonight, C. Her husband is SHORT.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I was actually about to ask her if she saw you. Were you an RM she encouraged or discouraged from marriage?

Her husband isn't that short. Since she is liable to see this post, I probably ought to say that at least he's taller than her (by like one-quarter inch, plus or minus).
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

No, I didn't talk to her.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Where's the "on a date" option? Me and the hubby always go out on Friday nights...
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

I was at a stake social tonight and it was pretty fun. Last year when this poll was made, I was triple booked and didn't end up going to the stake social that was going on just 50 feet away from me.

And yeah, I still remember this poll.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

The term "stake social" sounds extremely antiquated to me. Perhaps I'm just associating it with "box social?"

Also, I don't think I have ever been to a party that I would describe as "bumpin'."
Deus ab veritas
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I read the poll and thought, "But none of those really apply to married couples. Like, they can… but they seem really targeted towards single people." For the record my Friday night was spent making invites to my father-in-law's surprise bday party, making Yellow's grandma dinner (well, reheating leftovers), a mini family date to FedEx Kinkos and then to Arby's, then home to not make the high score board on Ticket to Ride [sigh], then Yellow and I played Lego Harry Potter. I thoroughly enjoyed my night.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

According to what I marked on the poll last year, I had an ideal Friday night.

*sigh*
Rifka

Post by Rifka »

My husband works every other weekend in the evenings, so I often spend Friday nights alone. I enjoy curling up with a good book or watching a fun movie. I also like catching up on projects, etc. when I have a Friday night alone. Otherwise I like spending them with my husband and/or a small group of friends. I've never been a big group person. They're too noisy and I'm too introverted. I prefer a small group of tight-knit friends. My husband and I periodically host movie nights at our apartment with 3 or 4 friends and it's the perfect size gathering.
Architect

Post by Architect »

I'm the only one that chose bumpin party... 8-) :roll:
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Odd. Who'd have thought that a group of people who spend a lot of time on an electronic message board would tend toward the more introverted side of the spectrum?
Deus ab veritas
Rifka

Post by Rifka »

Marduk wrote:Odd. Who'd have thought that a group of people who spend a lot of time on an electronic message board would tend toward the more introverted side of the spectrum?
:D