Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Digit

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Digit »

There's a Michael's in my neighborhood too, but I've never been inside it.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

If anyone has a Roberts nearby (I know there's one in Orem on Center and Orem Blvd.) it's going out of business. So they're having a sale. You might be able to get a pretty good deal on things.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

ooh i want to go. But friday is my last day at work, and I really have no need for anything from a craft store. Plus I'm making a trip to Idaho for the break (cheaper to get there than to get home), so I really can't justify any spending right now.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Unit, if you're near Rexburg and need paper or envelopes, go up to ArtCo. Seriously cheap. They sell both by the pound. I usually walk out of there with boxes of stuff and spend no more than $5. It's a wedding announcement, Christmas card printing store, so that's the kind of paper and envelopes you'll find, but I love to use them for Thank You notes.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Dragon Lady wrote:If anyone has a Roberts nearby (I know there's one in Orem on Center and Orem Blvd.) it's going out of business. So they're having a sale. You might be able to get a pretty good deal on things.
Who bought out Provo Craft? Was that Michaels or Roberts? (Also, why are the two major craft stores named after men?)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I live within walking distance of Michaels, Joanne, and Hobby Lobby. Roberts is several streets down.

And I am inside all of them frequently, in case you were wondering. But Michaels is my favorite.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Katya wrote:
Dragon Lady wrote:If anyone has a Roberts nearby (I know there's one in Orem on Center and Orem Blvd.) it's going out of business. So they're having a sale. You might be able to get a pretty good deal on things.
Who bought out Provo Craft? Was that Michaels or Roberts? (Also, why are the two major craft stores named after men?)

Nobody bought them out. They said they are closing the stores to "focus on our online business", which is PR code for they couldn't compete with Hobby Lobby and just shut down the brick and mortar stores.

The good discounts don't start until January though. Right now it is just 40% off, but I think in January it goes to 75% and then 90%.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Also, Happy birthday, Katya!!!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

TheAnswerIs42 wrote:
Katya wrote:

Nobody bought them out.
Sorry, I should have said "Who bought out Provo Craft [ages ago]?" Or "Who did Provo Craft merge with?" I thought they had merged with one of those companies, but I can't remember which one. (Also, I miss going into the old Provo Craft store on center street. Going there was a highlight of my childhood.)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Dragon Lady wrote:Also, Happy birthday, Katya!!!
Thank you! :D
Digit

Post by Digit »

When Borders went out of business earlier this year, the one in my neighborhood was liquidating on its last week by selling any five books for $5. I got $260 worth of computer books for $5. Of course I felt like a vulture, but I've put hem to good use, especially with the one on Eclipse plug-in development, which is useful in my job.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Well, it just wouldn't be a very interesting day if I didn't get cussed at in at least one or two languages, would it?
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Emiliana wrote:Well, it just wouldn't be a very interesting day if I didn't get cussed at in at least one or two languages, would it?
Probably not. That's the sort of event that gets made into a romantic comedy "Here's the day in the life of..." montage.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

There goes Katya being sexist again. Men can be crafty too! In fact, we were the first to do it.
Deus ab veritas
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Yay ArtCo in Rexburg! I love that place! Of course, now that my grandma lives in Idaho Falls and not Rexburg, it's harder to justify going there.
Also, you may all call me Jane, as I have now tracked mountain gorillas in Africa. Didn't find any wild men who speak to monkeys, though.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Sorry that you did't get to meet the mysterious Tarzan Wisteria, but it does sound like you had quite the adventure anyway!
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Dear Craig:

Did you get a twitter account that I don't know about? And somehow theBlackSheep is the only one here following you?
Deus ab veritas
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Wisteria wrote:Also, you may all call me Jane, as I have now tracked mountain gorillas in Africa. Didn't find any wild men who speak to monkeys, though.
AWESOME.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Marduk wrote:Dear Craig:

Did you get a twitter account that I don't know about? And somehow theBlackSheep is the only one here following you?
I don't tweet very often... but yes, I have a Twitter.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Hi, Fred! It's good to see you're back!