um Administrator

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by C is for »

I am allergic to goodbyes.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

C is for wrote:I am allergic to goodbyes.
Me too. I said some particularly painful ones tonight. :( :( :( :(
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I got the most interesting letter yesterday! (Actually I can't say if it's that interesting, because I didn't read it.)

I don't know who it was from, and all it contained was several pages of quotes from General Authorities about the Constitution and government.

We're all wondering how I got on that mailing list...
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Oooooh, I wanna read it!
Deus ab veritas
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Surprisingly, I want to read it too.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

So, I did not get into UNC-Greeley, BUT i shortly thereafter found out that it's smelly and they have had to fire professors in the past year or so for pedophilia and selling drugs....so i'm gonna take that as god's way of saying "Not so much."
beautiful, dirty, rich
Portia

Post by Portia »

Everyone, I hate the recession. I love my job, but it probably won't be renewed next year. Screw you, economy.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

In light of TBS's recent prediction vindication, I thought I'd make public a little political prediction of my own.

If the national unemployment rate is below 8% on election day, we will be seeing four more years. If it is over 8%, say hello to your first Mormon president.
Deus ab veritas
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

So the company I bought my domain name from just sent me a world map. I have no idea why.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

I'm finally doing my taxes for the last THREE YEARS, at least part of each of which I spent as self-employed "clergy." I'm really glad my dad is a CPA, because this is dang complicated.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

So, I came to work today (and it started out really bad, I think something fell off my car in the parking garage, then I was too stupid to get in) and the girl who's training me decided to stay home and have contractions instead.

I am not ready for this. I already planned on taking tomorrow off (it's mah last harp lesson) and next Monday (for mah finals), but now ... eek.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I hired a girl in my ward to come over twice a week and be a sort of mother's helper. She basically plays with my kids (though, Dragon Baby is typically napping) and keeps them entertained, or keeps Niffler Jr. sleeping while I … do whatever I want. Clean. Make dinner. Work on a project. Dink around on the Internet. It's fantastic. It's helped me keep my sanity, has helped me get things done that I otherwise don't, and in turn, I'm helping her fundraise to adopt a sibling! This is totally win-win, I think.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

yay DL! It seemed like you needed a break.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

True. I did. I'm more and more determined tha we are meant to be social creatures and weren't designed to do it by ourselves. That said, it'll get a lot easier when I start getting a full night sleep again…
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I really, really like Jon Hunstman. Jon Hunstman is leaving the GOP.
Deus ab veritas
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Marduk wrote:I really, really like Jon Hunstman. Jon Hunstman is leaving the GOP.
Wow.

Also, 3rd parties are never going to get any traction until we adopt ranked voting.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Katya wrote:
Marduk wrote:I really, really like Jon Hunstman. Jon Hunstman is leaving the GOP.
Wow.

Also, 3rd parties are never going to get any traction until we adopt ranked voting.
AMEN.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Guys, I have a roommate whose glasses are excessively rose-colored and it's hard to not roll my eyes sometimes even thought I do like her in general. She's 28 and just seems so determined to keep blinders on in some respects. The one that's bugging me right now is that nobody can mention anything that has anything at all to do with sex without making her extremely uncomfortable or leaving the room or changing the subject. And I mean that in the sense that we once were having a conversation about "surprise babies" at the dinner table and that term is as explicit as it got, and she very obviously introduced a new topic. And last night a friend was over and telling us a story about a couple he knew on their wedding night- the wife had been anticipating an evening of scriputre reading and such but that's not what the husband had in mind- and the scripture reading didn't happen. That's pretty much all he said. We did go on to talk a little bit about how kids don't want to think about their parents as sexual beings, and I happened to glance at her and she was kind of staring at the ground looking very uncomfortable and possibly close to crying. I know I probably can't do anything about it, but I'm kind of concerned that she's almost 30 and seems so intent on keeping her mind so clean that it's sterile . . .
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

First, I'm sorry. I guess you will keep have to discussing racy things to get her used to it. :-)
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I used to be quite the prude. Then I went to college and got roommates. Now I'm willing to publish details of labor and birth on my blog. So… I'm with Whistler here. :D

To give you more of a hint, it wasn't just that my roommates talked about racy things, but rather they were open and honest. They talked (read: complained) about their cycles. They talked about PMS. I had a roommate who had sex pre-marriage, so we spent a few hours reading through my heredity book on ovulation (this was pre-google as a common method of info getting) to see what the chances were that she might have gotten pregnant. Then I got one roommate who had no boundaries. Had I gotten her at first, I probably would have died of shock. But 2 years of honest, but tactful roommates had at least gotten me used to that kind of talk. As it stood, she and I became very good friends and I became much more comfortable with such conversations. I also learned that one can become desensitized to things that ought to be kept more sacred. So I suppose I should thank her for helping me learn from experience that there is still a line to be drawn to say, "No, roommate, that is too much. This isn't an appropriate conversation." Hopefully I helped her, too. :D