Favorite Jan 1-7

Which 100HB response was your favorite today? A place to create polls and respond.

Favorite Jan 1-7

Year End Board Writer Awards
11%
New Mommy Time Management
4%
Extensive History of the Honor Code
4%
Twin Moons in Orbit but Never Simultaneously Visible
4%
Red Eye
4%
Melyngoch and Jude Law
14%
Sultry Voice
4%
Note Names and Music Theory
4%
Hobbes/bismark Rivalry
7%
HFAC Nude Burger
43%
Guilty Pleasures
4%
Other (please specify)
No votes

Total votes: 28

Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

I chose New Mommy Time Management, but only because Nike responded (and she's pretty much awesome). HFAC takes it otherwise.
A Mom, but not yours

Post by A Mom, but not yours »

I really liked the HFAC question. A lot. But I chose the guilty pleasures question, mostly because it caused me to reevaluate a writer or two. In a good way.
Claudio

Post by Claudio »

But I chose the guilty pleasures question, mostly because it caused me to reevaluate a writer or two. In a good way.
I must admit my curiosity as to these "reevaluations."
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Awww, someone liked my sultry voice response. Now I can feel justified in saying that I think the real key is saying one phrase as if you were saying something far, far sexier and more scandalous, and meaning it.

This, by the way, can be a fun game, in the same way "make everyday phrases sound like innuendo" can be a fun game. Try to make the most innocent things sound sultry. Also, go for endurance. Can you give your roommates a full 5-minute report on the last book you read, and sound sultry the whole time? Sounds hard to me.
A Mom, but not yours

Post by A Mom, but not yours »

Well, since you were the one who asked, anyone who includes both Blues Clues and Good Eats among their guilty pleasures shoots way up in my estimation. <blush>
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

*bored of bar graphs*
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Craig Jessop wrote:I chose New Mommy Time Management, but only because Nike responded (and she's pretty much awesome).
I'll take credit for sending it to her, then. :D
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Having gone to high school with Melyngoch (European History just wouldn't have been the same without her), I did rather enjoy reading about her mission adventures.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Wisteria wrote:Having gone to high school with Melyngoch (European History just wouldn't have been the same without her), I did rather enjoy reading about her mission adventures.
Do you read her blog?
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

I used to. Is it still up and going?
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Wisteria wrote:I used to. Is it still up and going?
Oh, yeah. She gave me her password and I started posting excerpts from her missionary letters. They're hilarious.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

I bet. Melyngoch as a missionary . . . I admit that I have been intensely curious to see how she would fare.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Wisteria wrote:I bet. Melyngoch as a missionary . . . I admit that I have been intensely curious to see how she would fare.
She's doing OK. She's still very much herself, which has led to some . . . interesting situations, but she's working hard and doing her best. :)
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Heh. I can only imagine. And I can't imagine her deciding to do something like serve a mission without putting her whole heart and soul into it, either.