Yep.
Yarjka

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use?

Post by Yarjka »

All phones are dumb phones.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Just so's we're clear, dumbphone is the technical term.
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

My phone broke in half (flip phone!) and so I'm currently phone-less and distraught about it. But thanks for the random reminder (o:
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

My cell phone is so low on batteries that I have to take the cord around with me and plug it in to use it. It's like a portable landline.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

That's how my laptop is now! It can't turn out without being plugged in.

I am eagerly awaiting the day I can afford a smart phone so I can check on my shop if I've been gone for a few hours/it's time to post something. Marduk hopes the day I get a smart phone never comes, because he thinks I will never get off it.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Yarjka wrote:My cell phone is so low on batteries that I have to take the cord around with me and plug it in to use it. It's like a portable landline.
I'm always that person at the airport terminal/coffeeshop/workplace tethered to an outlet.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

bobtheenchantedone wrote: Marduk hopes the day I get a smart phone never comes, because he thinks I will never get off it.
I don't have a smartphone because (1) money and (2) I don't need any more internet access than I already have, for the good of my sanity.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Zedability wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote: Marduk hopes the day I get a smart phone never comes, because he thinks I will never get off it.
I don't have a smartphone because (1) money and (2) I don't need any more internet access than I already have, for the good of my sanity.
Do you make a lot of international calls? (Sorry if you feel singled out as a token Canadian. I'm genuinely interested.)
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

We switched to smartphones in May, and we only pay $30 a month for the two of us. You all should check out Ting, because it's awesome. https://ting.com/why-ting/
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

You have done a dangerous thing, GA. I could afford some of the phones they are offering RIGHT NOW. Especially when I know I'm getting at least another $150 from orders soon.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I love my smartphone, and admittedly when I first got it I was always on it. But a few months later it's lost it's shiny new toy feel and is more of a tool and something for me to play with when I'm on my lunch break.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Portia wrote:
Zedability wrote:
Do you make a lot of international calls? (Sorry if you feel singled out as a token Canadian. I'm genuinely interested.)
Yeah. My phone bill already costs as much as a smartphone, just for 450 minutes plus unlimited texting, since the majority of my phone use is to keep up with whoever's in the opposite country of whichever one I happen to be inhabiting at the time.