Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Portia

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Portia »

I'm extremely excited to find out in other threads that Uffish is a soon-to-be high school English teacher. Every sixteen-year-old deserves to learn from someone as passionate, funny, and with such good taste in literature. I hope you can get a term-length seminar on the works of Wodehouse going! (Yes, I went to a twee private school.)
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Randomly met a guy who was roommates with Just Another Cassio during his freshman year. Funny coincidences.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I'm so sick of not knowing what is going to happen next in my life. I really should just sit the many confusing boys in my life and talk to them. Seriously, who tells a girl she's intelligent, knows she works as a programmer, and then offers to come over and show her how to use the KSL website to car shop. You'd think he'd know I can figure out how to use the internet by now. Of course I did want his company, so I didn't say anything.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

I GOT MY SSN!!!!! :D
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

Awesome!
Watts

Post by Watts »

Okay guys, last week I went to Denver to watch the US Women's Soccer team play and then proceeded to run into my idol Megan Rapinoe in the terminal at the airport. On my 21st birthday. YOU GUYS IT WAS SO EXCITING AND I MADE A COMPLETE FOOL OF MYSELF. But it was awesome. :D
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Hey guess what?

I'm engaged.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Emiliana wrote:Hey guess what?

I'm engaged.
YOU PROMISED YOU WOULD WAIT FOR ME!

No but seriously, congrats! I'd love to hear details (if you feel comfortable sharing, that is.)
Deus ab veritas
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Yayyyyy!

I've been waiting for this for months!!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Woohoo!
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

http://byzantiumtests.com/

This is probably the trippiest, most pseudo-scientific personality test I've ever taken. I'm curious, though. Does anyone not get the "top x%" thing?
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

Hmm, I'm a "troubled individual" in the "top 20% of the country," whatever that means.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

What the what? What WAS that? I am "an autonomous striver with hidden strength" and yes I got the top 20% of the country. Right. That's so bizarre.

Is it some sort of weird advertisement for a movie or something? Hunted? Whaaaat. [another edit] Yes, it's an interactive experience related to some new show called Hunted. So at least it isn't supposed to make a lot of sense.
Giovanni Schwartz

I am a "troubled individual with hidden strength". Weird, right? But the real question is, do you feel it accurately describes you?
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:I am a "troubled individual with hidden strength". Weird, right? But the real question is, do you feel it accurately describes you?
Ah, well, it seems more like a very general kind of thing, like how I view astrology (though I now associate with a professional astrologer and so always find myself trying to stay serious when he says things). So, sure, it describes me, but not in a very personal way. Did you try any of the other tests? (I didn't, but I read about it a bit.)
Giovanni Schwartz

No, my browser crashed.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I'm an "enduring fighter with masked passions," although I'm pretty sure that that description was something else when I first read it. (Edit: retook it and I know it said "principled independent with a dark side" at first--still don't know why it changed that first time) And I'm also in the top 20%. Also, the placement of the red dot on the bell curve is misleading.
Last edited by Dead Cat on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

"Principled independent with a dark side" (top 20%)
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Oh, Gio, to answer your original question - does everyone get the top X%? Yes, everyone gets top 20%, and then if you progress through the other "tests" you get higher and higher and if you complete the final one then you are in the top 1% and "qualified" to "work" for the "company." (I'm getting a "little" quotes "happy.")
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Marduk, my fiance says you're a troll. Haha. And C, I'm tickled that you noticed and remembered that question :)

So back in January, guy-I-was-sort-of-dating -- let's call him Marx -- and I were going to go to a particularly lovely park. I got a bit of a cold and didn't feel like it, so instead he came over to my house and we watched Monty Python, during which he tried to kiss me and I denied him. Before long we were dating for real.

Marx texted me while I was at work on Thursday, asking if I wanted to go for a run in the evening. He told me he had a route in mind near [that one particularly lovely park]. So we parked nearby and started jogging. We were coming up over a bridge over a big fountain, when he said he needed to tie his shoe. I was fiddling with something on my keys, not even looking at him, when I heard him start to say, "Emiliana, will you marry me?" I was so caught off guard that it took me a second to even understand what was going on. He had pulled the ring out of his shoe and was down on one knee holding it out to me.