Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Digit

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Digit »

You can read the JavaScript source here. Ctrl+F and search for "// Random text." (without the quotes). You see some canned responses in text[0] through text[3]. Are those from that test? A little lower, in a function called "$('#final .facebookIcon').live('click', function()", you see a hard coded string 'My score puts me in the top 20%'
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Emiliana wrote:Marduk, my fiance says you're a troll. Haha. And C, I'm tickled that you noticed and remembered that question :)

So back in January, guy-I-was-sort-of-dating -- let's call him Marx -- and I were going to go to a particularly lovely park. I got a bit of a cold and didn't feel like it, so instead he came over to my house and we watched Monty Python, during which he tried to kiss me and I denied him. Before long we were dating for real.

Marx texted me while I was at work on Thursday, asking if I wanted to go for a run in the evening. He told me he had a route in mind near [that one particularly lovely park]. So we parked nearby and started jogging. We were coming up over a bridge over a big fountain, when he said he needed to tie his shoe. I was fiddling with something on my keys, not even looking at him, when I heard him start to say, "Emiliana, will you marry me?" I was so caught off guard that it took me a second to even understand what was going on. He had pulled the ring out of his shoe and was down on one knee holding it out to me.
He pulled the ring out of his shoe? That's adorable, but also sounds like it might have hurt him. The things we do for love. :) Congrats! Also, I had a similar experience with Mr. Mico when we were almost dating where he tried to kiss me (okay, multiple times) and I didn't let him. Now we're happily married. So, I think that's a good sign for you. :D
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

Emiliana wrote:Marduk, my fiance says you're a troll. Haha. And C, I'm tickled that you noticed and remembered that question :)

So back in January, guy-I-was-sort-of-dating -- let's call him Marx -- and I were going to go to a particularly lovely park. I got a bit of a cold and didn't feel like it, so instead he came over to my house and we watched Monty Python, during which he tried to kiss me and I denied him. Before long we were dating for real.

Marx texted me while I was at work on Thursday, asking if I wanted to go for a run in the evening. He told me he had a route in mind near [that one particularly lovely park]. So we parked nearby and started jogging. We were coming up over a bridge over a big fountain, when he said he needed to tie his shoe. I was fiddling with something on my keys, not even looking at him, when I heard him start to say, "Emiliana, will you marry me?" I was so caught off guard that it took me a second to even understand what was going on. He had pulled the ring out of his shoe and was down on one knee holding it out to me.
I love this! Congrats!
Digit

Post by Digit »

I saw not a greeting card, but a greeting sticker, that was professionally designed and printed, that said "Glad your [sic] back." It's funny how a blatant grammatical error on one's résumé would likely keep one from getting employed at the company that made that sticker.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

Digit wrote:I saw not a greeting card, but a greeting sticker, that was professionally designed and printed, that said "Glad your [sic] back." It's funny how a blatant grammatical error on one's résumé would likely keep one from getting employed at the company that made that sticker.
I thought for a second the [sic] was included, which would make it even funnier.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

Defy V wrote:
Digit wrote:I saw not a greeting card, but a greeting sticker, that was professionally designed and printed, that said "Glad your [sic] back." It's funny how a blatant grammatical error on one's résumé would likely keep one from getting employed at the company that made that sticker.
I thought for a second the [sic] was included, which would make it even funnier.
I am DEFINITELY going to do that someday.
Digit

Post by Digit »

That would be funny, given that the person was sic, er, sick :)
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

Has anyone ever used the the foes list in here? Would the other person know if they had made your foes list without you telling them? Not that I have anyone particular in mind... yet...
Portia

Post by Portia »

I'm the daily Board quote! :)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

S.A.M. wrote:Has anyone ever used the the foes list in here? Would the other person know if they had made your foes list without you telling them? Not that I have anyone particular in mind... yet...
I don't think they know. You can go ahead and "foe" me, if you like, and I'll tell you if I notice anything.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Defy V wrote:
Me too! I was really confused by a sticker that had [sic] on it.
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

Katya, you have been "foed". All your posts have been shrunk to just this:

This post was made by Katya who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post(link to the post).
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

S.A.M. wrote:Katya, you have been "foed". All your posts have been shrunk to just this:

This post was made by Katya who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post(link to the post).
Yeah, I didn't see anything or get a notification. (Of course you won't see this, now.)
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

Katya wrote:
S.A.M. wrote:Katya, you have been "foed". All your posts have been shrunk to just this:

Yeah, I didn't see anything or get a notification. (Of course you won't see this, now.)

Unfoed!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

S.A.M. wrote:
Katya wrote:

Unfoed!
Yay!
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

See? That's what this board is all about. Bringing people together.
Deus ab veritas
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I lost my patriarchal blessing at some point (even though I haven't been active, I've not purposely "lost" it or anything), and now I want to get a copy. I'm afraid that if I put all my information onto the "request a copy" page on LDS.org, then somehow the local bishopric is going to find me. :P Hah...hah... but seriously.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

Sometimes I need to take a deep breath, start breathing normally and not let work
control my every spare moment.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

Apparently I looked like I was ready to throw rocks at small people (aka children) tonight. For the record I felt like I was about to burst into tears, not injure innocents.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Guys guys! I was totally all worried about my RC's from Taiwan the other day, and didn't know how to help some of them stay/be active. So then I prayed that Heavenly Father would help them. And then this morning, one of them emailed me out of the blue and was like "Is this Elder Schwartz?" And I was like YEEEEESSS!