Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

yayfulness wrote:New rule: I am banned from reading Cracked after midnight. Actually, I am banned from doing pretty much anything on the internet after midnight.
Ah, Cracked. That's my "where did the last four hours go????" website. I no longer let myself read more than, say, five or six articles in a row. I have to quit looking at the suggested articles at the bottom so I won't open any more tabs.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

yayfulness wrote:New rule: I am banned from reading Cracked after midnight. Actually, I am banned from doing pretty much anything on the internet after midnight.
New rule: I am banned from pulling spontaneous all-nighters and then hiking the Y with boys
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

I'm itching to design something, but I don't know what.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Going on a train adventure this summer!!!!!!!!!!!
beautiful, dirty, rich
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Today during the weirdest combined third hour of church ever, one guy asked why girls pretend to like video games. (How weird was this combined meeting? That was a perfectly legitimate question that was written down on the blackboard.) I would like that guy to know that Marduk just played two games of Dota with me because I asked him to, not because he suggested it.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Today during the weirdest combined third hour of church ever, one guy asked why girls pretend to like video games. (How weird was this combined meeting? That was a perfectly legitimate question that was written down on the blackboard.) I would like that guy to know that Marduk just played two games of Dota with me because I asked him to, not because he suggested it.
So about a dozen years of playing Nancy Drew computer games (and scores of other games) means nothing at all? And this video could never happen?
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I had an odd day, that started out just fine, went completely south, and is ending pretty well. And one of my best friends randomly showed up at my house with candy. I mean I had called and left a message earlier, but I wasn't expecting a visit.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Imogen wrote:Going on a train adventure this summer!!!!!!!!!!!
Imogen, send me the deets on FB because I seriously would love to go. Odds are I won't be able to... but I'd love to plan a fun adventure anyhow!!!!!
Portia

Post by Portia »

Bob, did this combined RS/PH meeting end up in a guy making his move on the day of his farewell as dates were being auctioned off like pumpkins in a state fair? Then no, not the weirdest last Sunday ever.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

http://movies.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movi ... anksgiving

You should go watch this. I don't think you'll regret it.
Digit

Post by Digit »

I saw a newspaper Sunday comics section for the first time in many years (maybe close to 10) yesterday. It was funny to see a Blondie comic strip in which Dagwood listens to his friend blather about social media stuff, and as he's walking home he talks to himself about how it's too much. He begins to say to his wife "You'll never guess who I saw today," to which she correctly answers, noting how she saw the pictures on Facebook.

It felt strange because the visual style of that comic seems to say 40's to me, not the present.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Digit wrote:I saw a newspaper Sunday comics section for the first time in many years (maybe close to 10) yesterday. It was funny to see a Blondie comic strip in which Dagwood listens to his friend blather about social media stuff, and as he's walking home he talks to himself about how it's too much. He begins to say to his wife "You'll never guess who I saw today," to which she correctly answers, noting how she saw the pictures on Facebook.

It felt strange because the visual style of that comic seems to say 40's to me, not the present.
According to Wikipedia, Blondie (the character) was originally a flapper-turned-housewife. So, yeah. She's been around a while.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Quote of the day: "Gio, you're nowhere near as nerdy as me." From someone with whom I've Gardner minimal Irl interaction with. (For my brother: his name is that of our little sister's favorite vegetable.)
Digit

Post by Digit »

Heh, from the "Modernization" section of that Wikipedia article:
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Portia wrote:Bob, did this combined RS/PH meeting end up in a guy making his move on the day of his farewell as dates were being auctioned off like pumpkins in a state fair? Then no, not the weirdest last Sunday ever.
... no. That did not happen. I think you might win.

However, our lesson was still really strange. We had to sit in two huge long rows in the cultural hall, women on the front row and men on the back. Then the women were supposed to turn their chairs around and talk to the men behind them (paired up 1 on 1 as much as possible) for a few minutes. Both were supposed to ask the other questions about things they didn't understand about men/women. Then we went around the room and all of these questions were written on the board. We were assured many, many times by the bishop that this activity was in no way meant to pair us up or foster dating, just communication between the sexes. I just wondered what questions like "Why do girls date jerks?" and "Why do guys never listen to girls?" have to do with the gospel.

Plus, even if this was an appropriate activity (which it wasn't at all), it was still completely worthless because none of the questions, even the more specific and legitimate ones, ever really got answered. Instead of having time for discussion, the entire class was taken up with asking every single person how their conversation went. The only questions that got answered were those that happened to be asked to an intelligent partner, or that the outspoken girl about a dozen seats away from me answered whether we liked it or not.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Anyone know if Frontrunner is going to have a shuttle up to campus? I'm hoping to start school in the Happy Valley in January and a lot of factors are pointing to me living in Sandy, still.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I'm sure a bus will go from the train station to BYU.
Portia

Post by Portia »

C is for wrote:I'm sure a bus will go from the train station to BYU.
I wonder if it will actually be faster than the 817.
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Portia wrote:
Wait, which train station are you talking about? Not the Sandy TRAX station?

And there's always the 811. :)
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Portia wrote:
Oh, you know, probably not. There'll be at least one transfer (from the train to the bus) and that always adds time.

But if you're lucky, the 817 will survive the advent of the Frontrunner!