Movie Theater Money Saving

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Yarjka

Movie Theater Money Saving

Post by Yarjka »

My daughter is not 3 years old yet, so she still gets into the movie theater for free. On Saturday, we saw Rise of the Guardians and yesterday we saw Wreck It Ralph. My wife was with us on Saturday, but I took my daughter alone yesterday. Then this morning I had an epiphany - my wife could take my daughter to see Wreck It Ralph again today and we would be paying the same amount as we would have paid if we had gone together, only my daughter will have been able to see the movie twice!
TheAnswerIs42

Re: Movie Theater Money Saving

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

LOL I'm impressed that your daughter sits through the entire movie enough to get that much out of it. We live close to the $3.50 theater in PG (and know the owners very well), so that's our way to go (if we go out). $3 popcorn all the way!
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

Well, she is my daughter... My usual money-saving method in my youth was to go to a matinee showing and then hop from film to film throughout the day (I would print off the showtimes in advance and sometimes would need to catch one about ten minutes in or wait about ten minutes in the bathroom for the next show to start), leaving at around midnight. Those were my movie days.

At the end of Wreck It Ralph (which we watched all through the credits), my daughter turned to me and said "more!" How tempted I was to sneak into Life of Pi with her (I'm not so sure she could handle that one, though).
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

Yarjka wrote:Then this morning I had an epiphany - my wife could take my daughter to see Wreck It Ralph again today and we would be paying the same amount as we would have paid if we had gone together, only my daughter will have been able to see the movie twice!
I just had a second epiphany: why is my wife taking my daughter to the movie at all? My wife doesn't like movies nearly as much as I do. That settles it. I will take my daughter to see Wreck It Ralph again on Thursday.
Last edited by Yarjka on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Yarjka wrote:My usual money-saving method in my youth was to go to a matinee showing and then hop from film to film throughout the day.
“Son, would you sell your soul for a nickel?”

(couldn't resist)
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

Yarjka wrote:
Yarjka wrote:Then this morning I had an epiphany - my wife could take my daughter to see Wreck It Ralph again today and we would be paying the same amount as we would have paid if we had gone together, only my daughter will have been able to see the movie twice!
I just had a second epiphany: why is my wife taking my daughter to the movie at all? My wife doesn't like movies nearly as much as I do. That settles it. I will take my daughter to see Wreck It Ralph again on Thursday.
I did it. I took her to the movies again. It turns out, though, that I wanted to go more than she did, since she turned to me after an hour and said "Let's go home."