Best Gifts

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Best Gifts

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

C'mon, I know you all want to brag. What was the best gift you gave or received this Christmas?

My 14-year-old sister, who is living in my old room among lots of stuff I haven't moved to my house yet, wrapped several of my old journals and gave them to me as a kind of "hey, I love you, but get your stuff out of my room" gesture. At first I was kinda sad that it wasn't "real" presents, and then I was embarrassed because Marduk grabbed them and started reading them. However, within a few minutes we had several of my siblings and a couple of my cousins huddled around us on the floor, listening and laughing as Marduk read aloud stuff I'd written when I was ten. We had such a good time that I have to say giving me my old journals was a great present.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
S.A.M.

Re: Best Gifts

Post by S.A.M. »

My amazing wife has had a rolled up copy of this poster around forever:

We were cleaning up last month and she asked me to just throw it away with some other stuff because she never got around to having it framed. I saved it from the trash, framed it, and gave it to her for Christmas. Awww. (Her nickname/nym - Rosie.)

Happy wife = happy husband.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I got my mom an ASU keyboard for her work computer. I also got a wok for making Chinese food.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I think my brother gave me the flu. it's hard to know for sure since he thought he was going to die and I merely feel miserable. but it's in the running for best present!

or worst. superlatives can be tricky...
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

I got a Tupperware Shape-O-Ball for my toy collection as well as a Roald Dahl biography, so I am one happy camper, gift-wise.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

i got a TIARA (!!!!) from one of my students, Neiman Marcus cookies (tasty), tons of chocolate, some gift cards, gorgeous glass ornaments (also from students), a sweet piece of artwork, and money.

i gave out ornaments to my friends this year. they were glass with custom swirly paint jobs inside (thanks pinterest!). i think i'm doing sugar scrubs next year.
beautiful, dirty, rich
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

I got this. I also got a cold (first sickness in a year and a half, which is actually kind of surprising after all the stress and sleep deprivation of last semester).
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

My best was The Art of Pixar book, also got a bunch of my favorite movies. Now we have the full Wes Anderson blu-ray collection (with the exception of The Life Aquatic, which is not on blu-ray yet)
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

oOooo. My in-laws got me a cuisinart and making hummus has never been easier.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

A bonsai tree. :shock: