Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Portia

Re: Sister Integral

Post by Portia »

Is your FT job in the education field?
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I don't actually know you, methinks. I think you got here right as I left? And left right as I came back?

Anyways, welcome home. And to get back to being normal, you just have to jump right in. None of this "phasing" business. Do it or don't. :)Trust me. Been there, done that.
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

Portia wrote:Is your FT job in the education field?
Yes, it is. I put in applications for Substitute teaching and got offered a full-time position the next day. It was crazy.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Indefinite Integral

Oh, and Gio, yes, I think you got back not too long before I left. I'm trying to jump in, but I'm living at home with my mom and older sister, going to the singles ward where my sis goes and she is not really social at all. Which leaves me either ditching her, or sitting with just the two of us.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

same thing happened to me. I did end up ditching my brother (after I think 2 weeks), and it really helped the ward to include me, because I went out of my way to go to EVERY activity until people knew me.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Welcome back! I don't have any particular advice, but I hope you feel better soon.
Indefinite Integral

Emiliana wrote:Welcome back! I don't have any particular advice, but I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks!
Indefinite Integral

Guys! I actually talked to two new people today at church. Hooray!
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Indefinite Integral wrote:Guys! I actually talked to two new people today at church. Hooray!
Whooo! Talking to new people is the worst (well, lots of times), good for you. :D
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

II, is the D.C. temple (actually in Kensington, Maryland) in your mission? If it is, did you ever serve in the visitor's center?
Indefinite Integral

No, it wasn't in my mission, but I did go there once with a recent convert for a visitor's center tour.