Library Chat People

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Portia

Re: Library Chat People

Post by Portia »

Peeps, I am to the Wyoming manor born, but this winter has been brutal, and I feel like I need to see the grand canyon and be social and wear shorts. I actually want this Arizona trip to be A Thing.
Portia

Post by Portia »

You get a doughnut, but only if you never spell it donut ever ever again, and only if it's the maple bacon one and you scarf it.

The Fifth Floor Goddess is a harsh taskmaster, m'dear.
coastal goddess liberal
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Portia wrote:
squirrel wrote:
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Squirrel, dearest, if you by some stroke of fate are in AZ like... ever? this is me officially asking you on a date.
I actually had to blink really fast for this one. Gio--thanks. thanks to everybody. I feel so loved. I'm going through a pretty tough time right now. I really needed this. I feel like a group hug is in order.

*virtual group hug*
That's the worst, to be low and also feel there's no one to talk to. I had a work-from-home thing that was completely overwhelming me, and I realized that school and my library job are more important, so I'm not too upset it's over now.

I think I stay so involved here because rarely have I met people who really seem to so genuinely think, and who can offer good advice on many issues. Silly to get sentimental, I guess, but we're solid folks here.

And if Gio and you don't click or you don't accept your sister-wife, I have a dear friend on a mission who's your age whom I think would be well-matched with you in terms of personality. He's very innocent and guileless and devout, and I need him to put his face on someone sometime in his life, before he becomes too dorky and awkward and before we know it he's 30.

ETA Oh, he's hot and talented too, this isn't like, my dregs here, we're really just friends, but I want to set him up when he's back.
Portia- Thank you so much. You and the rest of the board boardies here are down-to-earth. Is it okay to say I love you guys? What the heck, who cares?!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

And yes- I'm totally for you setting me up, as long as i'm single at the time :-)
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

squirrel wrote:
Marduk wrote:squirrel, no offense, but it is almost instantly obvious from everything you write that you're a freshman, I'd say 18.
wow. no. I'm 20. and I'm a Sophomore.
Squirrel, don't feel bad. When I met Marduk he thought I was 14 and visiting campus for some odd reason. I was 20 and a senior, and I don't even have an effervescent personality.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Wow. That's waaay off. :-D
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Defy V wrote:
squirrel wrote:
Marduk wrote:squirrel, no offense, but it is almost instantly obvious from everything you write that you're a freshman, I'd say 18.
wow. no. I'm 20. and I'm a Sophomore.
Squirrel, don't feel bad. When I met Marduk he thought I was 14 and visiting campus for some odd reason. I was 20 and a senior, and I don't even have an effervescent personality.
Not to mention the giant rock on your finger signifying your married status.

For what it's worth, I knew the whole time you weren't a freshman, squirrel. We should start a club.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

:-D agreed
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

Squirrel wrote:(I made it very clear to the Chatters that I am not a writer, so as not to impersonate the Omniscient ones.)
With your mad investigative skills stalking Portia and the library chat team, perhaps you should apply to become an Omniscient One...

Especially because you are not a freshman. Less danger from the worms.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

:D Thanks, S.A.M., I already did. Eight days ago :-D You know, I think I could tame the worms. I'm studying a lot about dirt for my major, so I think I could connect with them. I could be a worm whisperer.
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

Great! If I see a new writer show up going by Worm Whisperer, Pinkie Pie, or Squirrel, I am going to assume it is you!
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Hehe :-D thanks
Portia

Post by Portia »

squirrel wrote::D Thanks, S.A.M., I already did. Eight days ago :-D You know, I think I could tame the worms. I'm studying a lot about dirt for my major, so I think I could connect with them. I could be a worm whisperer.
http://guides.lib.byu.edu/content.php?p ... id=1983764

Hope you're familiar with the Soil Science subject guide! The subject guides are amazing.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Portia- you got me. That's my major. :-)

And I haven't seen that subject guide yet. Thanks!
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

** I met Chatter 3 again today, and werf was crushed that none of us realized that Snozberry Swirl was a reference to "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pwvB4_Te8A Haha! Chatter 3, that was great!!
(Chatter 3's actual favorite flavor is Graham Canyon)

Chatter 3 gets bonus points for being so friendly and personable.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

I read everything Squirrel writes in this voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEmKN6DT-VE
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Ahahahaha :-D
I actually have a tiny bit lower than middle range voice. But that's beside the point. Craig, I love it!