All the single ladies

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Portia

All the single ladies

Post by Portia »

Some of them find many interests. Thousands of single women do more things, are truly conversant with more subjects and pursue their hobbies with greater concentration than married women of the same age and educational background.

A number of doctors and psychiatrists told me, “In my experience, I have found my unmarried women patients to be happier than many married ones.” A woman psychologist added, "Getting along on her own, either in marriage or outside of it, is what really matters—for each person must be a self-sufficient individual to be happy.

It would do no harm if our frantic hordes of unwed women would think over those statements. Perhaps several million of them would stop their headlong hunt and finally settle down for a well-earned rest.
The year? 1960. Utah is silly.

Also, plenty of thirty-year-old single men in our state worry about marriage, regret the children they don't have, and so on. I think the stereotype that they're all just buying Maseratis and going on Caribbean cruises to be wildly exaggerated.