red skinny jeans

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Portia

red skinny jeans

Post by Portia »

Zed's answer to steen may be six months old, but just had to say that the ex that cheated on me and broke my heart now wears red skinny jeans. With kelly green tops. All lust is gone. Totally over it.

(And yes, it was five years ago, back when there were prepsters, flare jeans, and Sugar & Spice.)
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Re: red skinny jeans

Post by Random »

If I owned a pair, I would totally wear red skinny jeans. Not with a kelly green top, though. Unless it was Christmas time and I was feeling particularly... crazy/festive I suppose. The wearing of contrasting bright colors is a trend that I think works for some people, and looks really silly on others. I don't do it, but that's probably just because I don't currently have brightly colored jeans (though if I had some neon orange jeans, you'd better believe that I'd wear them all the time everywhere!).
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Confession: I own a pair of red skinny jeans, and around Christmas time I wore them (ONLY IN MY APARTMENT, I PROMISE!) with a green top. I also wore that outfit with a red and green elf hat I had lying around...

Confession 2: I love my red skinny jeans and my blue skinny jeans. And my black skinny jeans (which need to be hemmed).
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

Tally M. wrote:And my black skinny jeans (which need to be hemmed).
Do you need help hemming them, or are you just being lazy? 'Cause I need some practice...
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I'm mostly just being lazy. I've got a coworker that mentioned that she could do it.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Red skinny jeans are such a different animal on dudes, though.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

I suppose. But I still know guys who can pull that off. I know at least 3 guys who would wear that just fine. Granted, they are in theater, so I'm used to seeing them in interesting get-ups anyway... and they may or may not be flamboyantly gay...
Portia

Post by Portia »

Random wrote:I suppose. But I still know guys who can pull that off. I know at least 3 guys who would wear that just fine. Granted, they are in theater, so I'm used to seeing them in interesting get-ups anyway... and they may or may not be flamboyantly gay...
Definitely a dealbreaker. ;) I tend to go for unfashionable men who can't be anything but straight. (Would a gay guy really be caught in cargo shorts?!?)
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

Portia wrote:(Would a gay guy really be caught in cargo shorts?!?)
Well, they do come in all flavors, just like straight guys and bi guys.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

One of the gay men I love most used to habitually wear plaid and camo at the same time, and not at all in a fashion-forward way.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

TheBlackSheep wrote:One of the gay men I love most used to habitually wear plaid and camo at the same time, and not at all in a fashion-forward way.
Don't you know? Oblivious is the new fashion-forward. ;)
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

TheBlackSheep wrote:One of the gay men I love most used to habitually wear plaid and camo at the same time, and not at all in a fashion-forward way.

My gay high school theatre teacher wears Birkenstocks and loves power tools. We just call him a lesbian. His dad was initally upset that his son was gay, but got over it when he remembered they could still do manly building together.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Portia

Post by Portia »

What about sci-fi? Any gay alpha geeks?
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

Robert De Niro as Captain Shakespeare in Stardust. Probably more fantasy than sci-fi.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Portia wrote:What about sci-fi? Any gay alpha geeks?
I'd say I know one of those.