Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
UffishThought

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by UffishThought »

Or maybe she didn't realize she was into you. Or just feels very comfortable with you as a friend and hadn't considered you'd see it as more.

And though I've never heard the slump called that by name, I've got a lot of mid--20s friends who occasionally swear off dating for a while.

Regardless, though, your situation sucks. And if you like the short blunt girl, I say go for it! Screw the people you might offend.
Portia

Post by Portia »

@Gio

I know that you're feeling annoyed, but I do think you come across as a little demanding. Girls don't "owe" guys dates, shoulder-snuggling or daily texting or not. Her "I'll think about it" was obviously a way to try to get out of the situation.

I'd say it's arguable that you have been leading small-butt girl on!
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Portia wrote:Girls don't "owe" guys dates, shoulder-snuggling or daily texting or not.
True, but I'd say girls should avoid shoulder-snuggling and daily texting if they're going to turn down a date.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Emiliana wrote:
Portia wrote:Girls don't "owe" guys dates, shoulder-snuggling or daily texting or not.
True, but I'd say girls should avoid shoulder-snuggling and daily texting if they're going to turn down a date.
The real question is, did she touch his elbow?

But I still don't understand why he went on several dates with small-butt and then ignored her?
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Dunno. Sounds like maybe he just wasn't that into Small-Butt, which also is what it sounds like what Big-Butt did to Giovanni. Which on the whole is probably one of the crappier aspects of casual dating, that such things happen alllll the time. It sucks when it happens to you, but you've probably also done it to someone else.

Also, big-butt girls need lovin' too, for the record. :-D

ETA: I know I've changed my tone a little bit since my first post. *shrug*
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Ha. Well, Small Butt (that's an awkward 'nym) decided that she had friendzoned me. And we really only went on like 2 and a half dates, and then I stopped asking her out.

The reason I stopped asking SB on dates was because the height difference would have made it too hard to work, she wanted to friendzone me, and I just didn't feel like it was going to work. We're good friends, but that's all.

I understand that "good friends" can become more, and I know she's probably hoping for more still, but I can't bring myself to do it. And so she's told me I got friendzoned. (Also, I need someone nice. And while she's super fun, she is not very nice.)
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

I ordered a jacket from Kohls last Monday and it hasn't arrived yet. I have tracked the package for the past few days. Tuesday: at a location 3 hours away. Wednesday: location 3 hours away. Thursday: location 25 minutes away. Friday: location 5 minutes away. Saturday: location 5 minutes away (but allow 1-2 additional days for delivery even though it was supposed to arrive today). I would really like that jacket before Monday at 2, because I'm leaving then and will be gone for two weeks.

I am way too used to Amazon Prime.
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

I'm selling my wedding dress on craigslist and just got an email from a girl today who's interested. But she told me she's a certain size-ish, which is 2 sizes bigger than the dress. And I posted the dress size in the ad. I don't really know how to handle that. Is it rude to say something like it fits true to size? Or give my height/weight from when I wore it? Don't want to offend but don't want a ripped dress.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I am courting food poisoning right now.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

thatonemom wrote:I'm selling my wedding dress on craigslist and just got an email from a girl today who's interested. But she told me she's a certain size-ish, which is 2 sizes bigger than the dress. And I posted the dress size in the ad. I don't really know how to handle that. Is it rude to say something like it fits true to size? Or give my height/weight from when I wore it? Don't want to offend but don't want a ripped dress.
Her plan may be to lose weight. I would just repeat what the ad said in your confirmation email, and yes, include "true to size."
Portia

Post by Portia »

Yuck. I don't really believe in the Holy Spirit like in the member of the Trinity sense, but man, did I ever just get a frisson from looking down the maw of pure evil. Accidentally stumbled on one those unholy Pick-up "Artist" sites, whose vitriolic spew against decent guys is only matched by their unleavened hatred of all women.

Seriously, I need a shower, the way Lady Macbeth physically needed to wash her hands. These men are psychos, promoting a (n apparently popular) view of women that is so misogynistic, ancient Romans would be like "chill, dude."
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

This job is definitely teaching me things. Among them? Controlling very mild social anxiety of large groups, patience, and not getting overly agitated.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Three wins:

My childhood best friend is officially engaged. We are still close enough that I sluffed last week to go sailing with him. He named his boat after my mom.
Speaking of weddings, my father declared to me and my boyfriend that one ought to spend no money on the wedding and all the money on the honeymoon. Fine by me!
Speaking of my father, he finally shaved his gross mourning beard, as he has an interview with The Church (their HVAC plant, I believe). I hope he gets it!
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Portia wrote:Accidentally stumbled on one those unholy Pick-up "Artist" sites, whose vitriolic spew against decent guys is only matched by their unleavened hatred of all women.
You probably already saw this xkcd, but if anyone hasn't, it's great.
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

Portia wrote: Speaking of weddings, my father declared to me and my boyfriend that one ought to spend no money on the wedding and all the money on the honeymoon.
Seconded!
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I just finished my third journal in a row. It's hard to let this one go--so much happened in the time period, so much change, so much life...it's a very strange feeling.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Job fair tomorrow! Really hoping to have a full-time teaching job lined up very, very soon.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

RS President: "Did you get your visiting teaching done this month?"
Me: "I didn't even know I had visiting teachees..."
RS President: "Oh."

See, this is what happened at the beginning of the month:
Beginning of the term: "We've delivered all of your assignments to you."
Me: "Guess I don't have an assignment..."
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

I recognize the irony of complaining on a public forum about someone who was complaining about a public forum, but:

My downstairs neighbor's facebook status is about how she's having trouble getting to sleep because of the pounding on her ceiling. And all the comments are saying "call the landlord at midnight to show them how inappropriate this is! you don't have to put up with this, because you pay rent! actually, go ahead and call the police!" and her response was "yeah, I'm seriously considering it!"

I don't think the landlords and police are there to run your unpleasant social errands for you. It would be much more efficient, and much more grown-up of you to just knock on the door and ask my roommate if she could do her workout video another time.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

It would be so funny (to me and maybe you, but definitely not your downstairs neighbor) if you told your roommate about this and had her/him go down there and preemptively apologize. :P