Happy Saint Patricks Day!

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.

Are you Irish?

Yes
14%
No
50%
I am not a leprechaun and please don't touch my pot of gold...
18%
I wish I was Irish
18%

Total votes: 22

Dead Cat
Completed

Happy Saint Patricks Day!

Post by Dead Cat »

I wanted to wish everyone a happy Saint Patricks Day. I hereby electronically pinch anyone out there who isn't wearing green.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Can't pinch me! I'm wearing this shirt!
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Whoa, best. shirt. ever.
Not a drop o' Irish in me blood, but I did name my fists Sandra Day O'Connor and Bono.
So many different types of sparrows!
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

I pinched a girl in mission prep today.

I don't know her name.
Portia

Post by Portia »

I'm very Irish, and I look it. (Pale skin, freckles, blue eyes . . .) I went all out with the green this year: skirt, necklace, shirt, earrings . . . yeah.

Irish sovereignty. Discuss.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Portia wrote:I'm very Irish, and I look it. (Pale skin, freckles, blue eyes . . .) I went all out with the green this year: skirt, necklace, shirt, earrings . . . yeah.

Irish sovereignty. Discuss.
You just gave me an inexplicably strong urge to go adventuring. We'll talk at the *cough cough wink wink nudge nudge cough hack nudge wink cough*
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

People thought I was Irish for most of the day, due to the whole accent business I had going on. Especially when I was being snarky to Shall I Say It Again. Somehow, rude comments are all the more awesome when said in an accent. Even if the person you're being rude to is ignoring you.

Honestly, though, I love Ireland. I'm a Celtic singer, and I want to go there, and I have an accent, and I'm learning Irish Gaelic, and green is my favorite color (one of my colors, in fact) and my persona in the SCA is Irish. Oh aye. St. Paddy's is a big holiday at my house.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.

Post by 727 »

Holy cow, did anyone notice how many redheads just POPPED OUT OF NOWHERE on St. Patricks day? I sure did! It's almost as if no one was ashamed to be a ginger that day... :twisted:
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

I myself popped out of nowhere on Saint Patty's. Pretty sure I didn't exist before then.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Craig Jessop wrote:I pinched a girl in mission prep today.

I don't know her name.
Craig, you're awkward.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Uffish, I'm enjoying the mental image of you popping into existence randomly last Monday- apparently you exist both backwards and forwards in time. That's quite amazing.