What is this song and where is it from?

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Dead Cat
Completed

What is this song and where is it from?

Post by Dead Cat »

Okay, there's this song that I'm pretty sure is about a guy who wants to marry a girl but not all of her family. I think there's a line somewhere along the lines of "but there's her father and her mother and her sister and her brother..." which is too fast for me to be sure that's how it goes (and Google isn't helping). I think it's from a movie or other live-action thing at a party of some sort and the singer is a big baritone who is probably comic relief.
Ring any bells?
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
C is for
um Administrator

Re: What is this song and where is it from?

Post by C is for »

Aha. I know this one already.

Please please tell me it's I Never See Maggie Alone from Ralph's World.

She brought her uncles, her cousins...

I couldn't tell you what movie it's from. I'm only familiar with the music album.
Dead Cat
Completed

Re: What is this song and where is it from?

Post by Dead Cat »

It seems like that is on the right track, but it doesn't quite hit it--but that just might be because it's a different singer. The recording was too high and slow and I think the intervals on the part that sounds most familiar were slightly different. I can't really tell for sure until we can nail down where I heard it in the first place. It would have to be at least a few years old, or I think I'd remember it better.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde