Anyone taken PWS 282 & 283?

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Squirrel
Board Writer

Anyone taken PWS 282 & 283?

Post by Squirrel »

I am super incredibly excited to take PWS 282 & 283 (Intro to Soil Science) in the Winter. I'd like to know what's covered, and how hands-on the class/lab is. Will there be soil testing? Do students get to do the labs, or are they just done by the professor? Will I be able to take soil samples home with me? I'd love to keep them in tiny jars all around my bedroom. That would be awesome! Tell me stuff please! Thanks! :-)
Giovanni Schwartz

Re: Anyone taken PWS 282 & 283?

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I think you're the only soil science major here, dear.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Well if they don't let you do your own soil testing, you can try it on your own with vinegar/baking soda! http://frugalliving.about.com/od/garden ... l_Test.htm

Not as good as a soil test kit but better than nothing, right?
pillowy

Post by pillowy »

I took soil science! I LOVED it. I didn't take the lab, though, so I can't answer most of your questions. But it was awesome! Who's your professor?
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

@ Whistler: Thanks! I tried that a while ago, and both of the tests didn't do much of anything, so I must have been doing something wrong, or my backyard has a pretty neutral pH.

@pillowy: That's great! The professor is going to be Richard Terry. Do you take it form him/ know anything about him? What about the class did you like?