Suggestions for bringing treats to class

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Suggestions for bringing treats to class

Post by Katya »

I'm auditing an evening class right now that meets for 3 hours, once a week, from 4-7. Our teacher has asked a couple of us to bring treats to every class so that we can have something to eat (and so that we can "break bread" together).

Any ideas as to what I should bring? I don't have a lot of time during the week, so I want to buy something that's either ready to go or requires minimal preparation. There are plenty of treats I could bring, but I'm also thinking I'd like to bring something a bit healthier, since I'm trying to cut back on sugar. Any suggestions (healthy or otherwise)?

Also, there are about 20 of us, so whatever I bring has to be enough for that many people.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Re: Suggestions for bringing treats to class

Post by Squirrel »

Is it just you feeding the masses? If not, you should totally bring baby carrots. If you all go for a bite at the same time it could be particularly annoying to the teacher, but hey, mischief does have its perks!....... and that's about all I've got.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I had a seminar around the same time, and I think I bought some kind of bread from the Provo bakery. It was a hit! :-)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Squirrel wrote:Is it just you feeding the masses? If not, you should totally bring baby carrots. If you all go for a bite at the same time it could be particularly annoying to the teacher, but hey, mischief does have its perks!....... and that's about all I've got.
It's me and one other person, and she's planning to bring cupcakes. I like the idea of baby carrots, but I'm concerned about bringing food that's too crunchy because of the noise. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Whistler wrote:I had a seminar around the same time, and I think I bought some kind of bread from the Provo bakery. It was a hit! :-)
Ooh, that's a good idea. Or I could get something from Kneaders, which is on my way. Thanks!
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Strawberries or pineapple. Those are two of the greatest fruits in existence. After raspberries, but that's mostly just personal nostalgia.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Yeah, I like the fruit idea. Healthy, usually no one is allergic to it, not noisy, only slightly messy (but you can bring napkins).
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

I know it's still crunchy, but my Primary class LOVES when I bring in apple or orange slices and string cheese.
wryness

Post by wryness »

Dead Cat wrote:Strawberries or pineapple. Those are two of the greatest fruits in existence.
Haha, this made me think of the guy in my dinner group who was allergic to both of those fruits...and disliked chocolate. Making desserts was hard sometimes. :)
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

That's the point where you say "Screw you. We're having brownies."
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

FYI, I ended up bringing string cheese, which was well received. (And that remind me that I have extras in the fridge I should probably eat.)
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

For future, fruit leather is also a great option. No prep, healthy, and delicious. CostCo has a great buy on a big box that lasts us … maybe a few weeks.