Post by ahem. »

Twitter: thoughts?
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

I'm a fan.
So many different types of sparrows!
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

It's ... a running status bar? Don't I have gmail for that?

(Also, isn't that Maggie on the sample feed Maggie Mason, MightyGirl?)
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Coincidentally, I just signed up for Twitter last week. I had lots of little random thoughts that I thought were funny, but they didn't merit a blog post or email. So I just Twitter them now, and they pop up on the sidebar of my blog.

For the hyper-connected type of people, I can see the allure of Twitter as a social utility. Some of my tech-savvy friends live their social lives by things like Twitter, with unplanned parties and meet-ups organized on the fly. For me, however, it's just a way to spout off some humor.
- Benvolio
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

UffishThought wrote:(Also, isn't that Maggie on the sample feed Maggie Mason, MightyGirl?)
The one and only! I keep meaning to read her "No One Cares What You Had For Lunch" book.
For me, however, it's just a way to spout off some humor.
Exactly, especially for things that aren't long enough for a blog post, but still need to be said.
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

ahem., I'm curious, why did you want to know?
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

I recently started an account and was really excited about it. A few days later, and I realize nobody I know actually uses it.

Also, Benvolio, do you have more than one blog? Because I'm not seeing... oh, wait. No, I found it. Never mind.
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Yeah, my blog isn't very hard to find. Too many other people link to me and reference my Board name for it to be a secret. That's actually one of the major lessons of the Internet, I think: nothing you do online is REALLY anonymous. You can some of it from everyone, and you can hide all of it from people who don't know how to look. But given enough ingenuity, anyone can be exposed.
- Benvolio
Tangerine

Post by Tangerine »

bismark/Yellow got me started while I was blog-fasting over Lent. But... I hardly ever update these days.
Yellow

Post by Yellow »

Are you implying that I am bismark? Because if so... I have the remarkable talent to be in two states at once.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Can you utilize that talent for your own benefit and the good of mankind, Yellow/bismark? Because I can think of some awesome things you could do.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Benvolio wrote:Yeah, my blog isn't very hard to find. Too many other people link to me and reference my Board name for it to be a secret.
For a while, I was blog crazy. I read anyone's and everyone's, so yours was one I'd been to before. I just hadn't visited it in a while, so I Googled the title, and a lot of random things came up. But yours was actually pretty close to the top.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Yellow wrote:Are you implying that I am bismark? Because if so... I have the remarkable talent to be in two states at once.
Best case of double identities EVER.
Tangerine

Post by Tangerine »

Yellow wrote:Are you implying that I am bismark? Because if so... I have the remarkable talent to be in two states at once.
Are you bismark?? If so, you still owe me curry.