Introduce Yourselves!

Introduce yourself and meet other readers!
Whistler

Re: Introduce Yourselves!

Post by Whistler »

hi robotfish! Have you been on any awesome hikes lately? I was thinking I should get some hiking in before the mountains get completely snowy.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Whistler wrote:hi robotfish! Have you been on any awesome hikes lately? I was thinking I should get some hiking in before the mountains get completely snowy.
+1
robotfish

Post by robotfish »

Whistler wrote:hi robotfish! Have you been on any awesome hikes lately? I was thinking I should get some hiking in before the mountains get completely snowy.
I actually haven't in a while...I didn't plan very well for the whole "moving to Utah" thing and completely forgot to pack shoes I'd want to hike in.
This is why you shouldn't leave packing until the very last minute.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

aww... well, there's always next year.
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

Hi robotfish! I also like hiking, reading, and hating bananas. :) Welcome to the BoardBoard.
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Bananas are delicious and cheap, y'all.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

And if you peel them, then stick them in the freezer, then blend them with a bit of milk, they turn into a milkshake with less guilt!
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

But they are all zombie clones!
Deus ab veritas
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

What? Zombies? *hides in a corner and starts crying*
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

I'm a bit late, but welcome robotfish.
chillinride

Post by chillinride »

Hi everyone! I'm chillinride. I'm 33, I have 4 kids, an awesome wife, a great job, and I live in Gilbert, AZ. I stumbled across the 100 hour board while at BYU back in 1999... And for the past 4 years (give or take) I have religiously read almost every post each night before I go to sleep. I lie down and stare at my iphone app, and soak up the answers.
Thank you 100 hour board for your thoughtful, sarcastic, witty, weird, gentle, understanding, and awesome answers. How it is that some of you manage to write so many great answers totally baffles me, but just in case you are wondering,... I think that it's rad.
-chillinride
Giovanni Schwartz

Gilbert, eh? Welcome friend! Wouldn't it be ironic if we knew each other?

(Just for the record, we're not all writers here. But we're happy to have you. A quick run down of our posters:

Portia: Tough nut to crack, but a big softy on the inside.
Marduk: Will harass you and tease you, but it's all in good fun (until there's a serious debate)
Katya: Our patron saint. Seriously like the nicest person ever.
bobtheenchantedone: Dating Marduk. Sings, etc. She is very opinionated, and will not hesitate to support her arguments. She's mostly nice.
Dragon Lady: Knows a lot about everything, and will share about it if you ask. Lots of life experience.
NerdGirl: Super smart Canadian doctor girl, eh? She's friendly and will share gluten free recipes with you.
vorpal blade: Our resident old fart. He's really nice. He didn't used to be, but he took a long hiatus and is now.
Emiliana: One of our beloved never-been-Mormons. She's a teacher, and got married recently. Super nice.
Imogen: The other NBM. She's also a teacher of theater (or drama? I don't know). She is slightly more snarky than Emiliana, but just as nice.

All the others are excellent, too. If anyone is curious what I think of you, let me know and I'll finish the list. But for now, it's 11:15 PM and time for bed.)
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:vorpal blade: Our resident old fart. He's really nice. He didn't used to be, but he took a long hiatus and is now.
Ha. Truer words were never spoken.

Anyway, welcome, Chillinride!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Welcome, chillin! Gio is right, I am mostly nice, which is a good thing since I'm an admin here. C is for is our other admin, with Laser Jock as our tech admin and Marduk as our friendly neighborhood mod.

(I like that my description includes "sings, etc." That "etc." is the story of my life. I always sing, but I also always do a bunch of other stuff!)

I'll do Gio for him.

Giovanni Schwartz: Used to be somewhat immature and annoying, but grew up a lot on his mission. ; )
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Since he didn't describe me, I get to describe myself.

Actually, you probably already know me, considering you've probably read my answers.

Welcome to the Board board!
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Awww. I have lots of life experience! In other words, I'm older than many on here. Except vorpal, of course. And Katya, but that's because she's a saint and saints are usually dead before my birth. She's the exception to saints' age. But I think I top the rest.
Giovanni Schwartz

Well, that, and you do a little of every thing it feels like.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Welcome, Chillinride! :)
the anglophile

Post by the anglophile »

Hi! I'm the anglophile and you may have seen me ask questions... or maybe not... I feel kind of silly posting this here because I still have no idea how this website works and I'm not even sure if people will see it... Anyways I'm probably the youngest person around here (or maybe not, I don't know). I'm 16 and a junior in high school. I stumbled across the Board last year and I have been kind of obsessed with it ever since. I've always loved BYU and its culture and this is just awesome for learning about BYU. (Oh, and I'm a girl, just in case anyone was wondering. It's a little hard to tell with these 'nyms.) :)
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

welcome! I believe one of the current writers was obsessed with the Board in high school so you are in good company. :-)